Posted on Sep 20, 2020 by Experis AG
DB2 Level 3 Support Engineer
Experis IT Switzerland is in a search of an experienced Level 3 Support Engineer to join one of their clients, a well-known international organisation. This is a temporary position based out in Basel.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months with high chance of further extension
- SME is responsible for Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Availability and Capacity Management for the Database stacks (Oracle, MS-SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Manage L2/L3 production/project support activities
- This also includes the initial setup or update, patching for these Databases
- Responsible for script development/update in different Scripting (Shell and Perl)
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Exposure in other Database Technologies like Informix is an advantage
- Experience or familiar on tools like ticketing and monitoring tools
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring the team members
- Willingness to work on flexible working hours including weekends
- Involved in Routine Operational support and troubleshooting
- Performs daily monitoring and general administration of all Database instances
- Responds to all database alerts, warnings, and errors in a timely, consistent manner
- Resolves common database system issues in a timely, consistent manner
- Escalates complex issues to internal team members and third party groups as appropriate
- Maintains relations with vendor support to ensure quick response to problems
- Ensures availability and integrity including backup and archiving, database recovery, disaster recovery and system response time
- Design, coordination and running of various backups and database scripts
- Performs upgrades and patching of databases on a regular basis
Must have 6-8 years of hands on experience working with Databases like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL on a Linux environment.
- Must have experience developing, modifying and maintaining Shell Scripts (bash, Perl, etc.).
- Must have strong Documentation abilities.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Should have working knowledge of disk storage array technology and its application to Oracle ASM/RAC
- Should have education and experience with Oracle RAC 11g technology
- Certification is added advantage
- Added advantage to German Speaking candidates
- Experience of high availability and DR configuration and setup is desired.
- Monitoring and reporting tool
- Database stacks like Oracle, MS-SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Tools: Tivoli performance viewer, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Excel etc
- Linux & Windows Server
- Knowledge of Storage product suits like EMC, NetApp
- Knowledge of Backup products like TSM, NetBackup, Networker
- Web & Middleware stacks like WebLogic Application Server, MQ, Apache, Tomcat, and IIS
Apply today to secure your chances in this interesting opportunity for an international fast growing company.