Posted on Sep 20, 2020 by eTeam Inc.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Dublin, Ireland (till December 2020 the role will be remote)
Duration: 1 year Contract with extension
- As a member of team you will Evangelize cloud best practices to the application and product delivery teams, alongside developing and guiding the other delivery teams to develop reusable cloud enablers (eg Terraform templates)
- You will work with the product and delivery teams to collaboratively drive new solutions, proof of concepts and help drive the architectural direction of the platform Infrastructure. As a part of this you will be responsible for producing analysis and design documents for proposals and implementation changes.
- Your duties as an AWS IAC engineer will also focus on enabling and supporting product delivery teams to use the Atlas Platform Delivery Infrastructure. You will be responsible also for maintaining and extending the Delivery Infrastructure.
- All resources are managed via Infrastructure as Code. Therefore strong hands on experience developing immutable infrastructures on AWS using Terraform is required as well as experience with Helm.
- Our platform also uses Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) to deploy and manage our containerized applications. The successful candidate will be proficient in setting up autoscaling EKS clusters and have a deep understanding of how EKS integrates with other Amazon services such as Amazon CloudWatch, Auto Scaling Groups, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), and Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC),
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes and strong appetite to learn new technologies will be desired.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- 7+ years' of experience in development or DevOps roles.
- 3+ years of AWS administration and development including experience with the following services: ELB, EC2, EKS, ECR, S3, SQS, SNS, SSM, Secrets Manager, KMS, RDS, IAM, AutoScaling, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Inspector, and WAF.
- Must be highly proficient using the AWS CLI.
- Strong Terraform experience.
- Recent experience using both GitLab and Nexus.
- Helm experience is also desired.
- Experience developing automation using AWS Lambda (preferably with Python ) also highly desirable.
- Experience in networking and security is highly desired.
- Proven communications skills including technical writing and presentation
- Comfortable in coordinating across geographically diverse delivery and product teams
- Strong Experience working with Development methodologies like Agile & Scrum.
AWS certified (Associate or Professional level.) desired
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£361 - £451 Daily
£363 - £454 Daily
£49.7k - £58.7k Annual
£361 - £361 Daily
£54.2k - £58.7k Annual
£451 - £587 Daily
£63.3k - £81.3k Annual
£451 - £542 Daily
£54.2k - £63.3k Annual
£49.7k - £54.2k Annual