Posted on Sep 19, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Are you passionate about z/OS System Engineering? Do you want to help set the direction and strategy for the z/OS Online Landscape? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse and global environment?
We are looking for an IT System Engineer to join our team and help us to:
- evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions
- guarantee a secure infrastructure environment as well as production stability and performance
- analyze errors in systems and define corrective measures (you've got a good eye)
- cooperate with other groups in engineering on delivery of large scale programs
- maintain & improve existing deployment and build mechanisms
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the z/OS Online Engineering team, which has a global footprint and works with other support organizations, Operations staff and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You'll be working in the z/OS Online Engineering team based in Basel, Switzerland. As an IT System Engineer, you will be instrumental in setting the direction and strategy for the z/OS Online environment across the globe and in designing and building solutions to automate the deployment, configuration and upgrade of these systems. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
Your experience and skills:
- planning and maintaining the online software and related software components (third-level support)
- cooperating with other groups in engineering on delivery of large scale programs
- installing, testing, deploying and maintaining CICS subsystems, CICSPlex, MQ, WebSphere AS and all related IBM + ISV software components, which support the online environment
- maintaining & improving existing deployment and build mechanisms
- monitoring CICS subsystems for high availability and taking proactive measures to minimize outages
- excellent knowledge of TSO/ISPF, REXX, z/OS and all subsystems
- preferably previous experience working in complex infrastructure projects
- a committed and visionary team player with strong leadership skills, analytical and logical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody's business)
- well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
- a hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers
- curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
- fluent in English and eager to work in an English Speaking Global Team
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.