Kafka and Elastic Search Consultant
Posted on Sep 19, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
I am currently recruiting for a Kafka & Elastica Search Consultant with Production Support experience to work for a minimum of 6 months (+likely extension) in Zurich, Switzerland.
The right candite must have the following skills and experience:
- Kafka & Elastica search
- Production Support experience
Secondary skills for the Kafka & Elastica Search Consultant with Production Support experience role:
- Kubernetes & Docker exposure to cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure/AWS (will be an added advantage)
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment?
I am looking for someone who can:
- Support a high profile multi-tenanted platform
- Uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
- Contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services
- define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
- Responsible for all aspects of incident resolution including impact analysis, the root cause
- identification, escalation management, and effective communication with internal stakeholders
You'll be working as a part of level 2 team which supports a platform called Molecular. Molecular is a brand new mission-critical platform that is being built with an aim to design, engineer, and host a multi-tenant solution using technologies like Confluent Kafka, Elastic Search, Flink to name a few.
The Switzerland team will be a part of a global team located in UK, Singapore, and the Americas providing 24x5.5 support. A strong emphasis is placed on identifying and implementing improvements to resolve performance issues, bottlenecks, and other potential areas for optimization. The team works seamlessly with colleagues, developers, business analysts, and project managers to identify and implement improvements to support procedures and tools to further enhance the availability and stability of this mission-critical platform
Your experience and skills:
- Previously worked in an environment providing continuity and stability in a global production organization
- Experience in managing and resolving production issues in a timely manner to minimize the impact
- Managed change and risk to co-ordinate software releases into production
- Reviewed and influenced design, architecture, standards, and methodologies across a distributed platform and infrastructure technology stack
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
- A good understanding of Linux/Unix experience
- Previous/hands-on work experience With Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, and Elastic Search
- Good to have exposure to Reinfer, Flink, and Machine learning
- Some exposure to cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure/AWS will be an added advantage
Starting ASAP, interviews this week.
This role is suitable for a Kafka & Elastica Search Consultant with experience in Production Support who is looking to work in a professional team within a successful company.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV for consideration.