MANAGER - COLLECTIONS
Posted on Sep 19, 2020 by Selene Finance
Selene Finance is a multi-line of business financial services firm with a mortgage servicing company, a loan diligence company, a title company, an insurance brokerage and a real estate owned company. There are locations in Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL, Horsham, PA and Dallas, TX. Founded in 2007 to address needs in the mortgage industry,we strive to provide amazing client and borrower experiences. A positive attitude coupled with proven creative thinking and actions are attributes we seek in all of our employees. If you want to make a difference, Selene is the place for you!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Manager - Collectionsmanages a team of Loan Resolution Specialists within a Call Center environment. The Default Asset Manager assists the management team in executing all strategies with emphasis on cash collections and loss mitigation when customers are unable to make their monthly mortgage payments. The Asset Manager is also responsible for interaction with the investor to discuss the performance of both RPLs and NPLs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Branch Manager, which include meeting continuing education and testing requirements within each state
* Provides vendor oversite and training when applicable
* Provides performance feedback; identifies training requirements; and provides coaching to direct reports. Creates and co-develops personal development plans for each direct report
* Develops and maintains a new hire core curriculum and continuing development plans
* Creates, reviews and approves dialer and collection strategies
* Assists with the creation of an operations structure capable of executing the strategy, including but not limited to data management, reporting, refining functional and technical processes, etc.
* Participates in presentations for investors, rating agencies, and other Servicing platform visitors
* Meets individual and team goals including but not limited to ASA, ABA, OTD's, Cash Collections, Roll Rates, etc.
* Performs routine quality assurance reviews based on associates customer interactions
* Continuously evolves efficient asset resolution options and departmental processes
* Works with partners to fully utilize investor-owned position
* Take an active lead in strategy formation for improving resolution execution in terms of increasing RPL performance and loss mitigation activity
* Clearly communicates strategies to team members and other stakeholders
* Ensures the comprehensive policy and procedures are updated and maintained by management and communicated to staff. Examines policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
* Provides recommendations for procedural changes and improvements as they pertain to the department
* Ensures reports are available timely and accurate for monitoring the department's daily performance to ensure that all business objectives are achieved
* Maintains high degree of confidentiality
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred minimum 4-year college degree, with a major of Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Accounting or other equivalent work experience. 10+ years of experience in residential loan loss mitigation/default mortgage servicing. Background in mortgage loan underwriting and/or loan origination. Proven leadership experience also a necessity.
Selene Finance LP is committed to the total wellbeing of its employees therefore offers one of the best benefits package available in the industry today which include:
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Medical, Dental &Vision
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Paid Holidays (10 days off)
* Company paid Life Insurance,
* Matching 401(k) Plan
The job requirement listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description is not an inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Selene Finance LP reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.