Posted on Sep 19, 2020 by Natilus
Natilus is seeking a software engineer for our Autopilot team. The group will design, analyze and implement control algorithms for unconventional manned and unmanned air vehicles. The team is involved in physical modeling, controls and estimation, control law development with test pilots in simulated environments, software development, flight testing of small scale unmanned airplanes, supporting manned flight testing and whatever else is needed to make things fly.
Natilus is designing and building a large 19,000lb Blended Wing Body (BWB) unmanned aerial vehicle to reduce the cost of air freight by 50%. It will be one of the largest UAVs in the world and the first full scale BWB design to fly.
Natilus has a corporate office in San Diego, CA and a R&D facility in Daytona Beach, FL. This position is based in Daytona and requires 10% travel.
US Citzens or Permanent Residents may apply.
* Develop autopilot software for an unmanned aircraft
* Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
* Write well-designed, testable code
* Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
* Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
* Document and maintain software functionality
* Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
* OOP, data structures and algorithms
* Multi-threaded software development
* Java Script
* BS/MS or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with at least 3 years of experience
* Knowledge of control and estimation theory
* Practical experience with design and implementation of control systems
* Strong physical modeling, linear algebra, and calculus background
* Embedded systems
* Unit tests
* Bare Metal Software
* Experience with sensors: accelerators, gyros, GPS, pressure transducers, vision, lidar, radar and ultrasound
* Experience with drones or unmanned aircraft
* Familiarity with aircraft handling qualities
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Stock Option Plan
Natilus Inc hires solely based on qualifications, merit and competence. Natilus Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Natilus Inc does not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.