Posted on Sep 19, 2020 by Gates Corporation
Are you inspired by challenging the status quo? Do you thrive in collaborative environments that drive results? If so, Gates could be for you.
Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
Let's simplify it. think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyer belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all?
What To Expect
As an innovation leader, we look for ambitious, forward thinking, open-minded and well-rounded individuals to join our global team. Located in our Customer Solution Center in Englewood, CO, you will be investigating and using new technologies for the integration and experimentation of industrial hardware and translation of data using software.
- You'll design and implement software systems from capturing requirements, Proof of Concept builds, to production and commercial deployment.
- This is an exciting opportunity for you because you will be maintaining and improving the existing codebases and peer review code changes.
- This position is vital to Gates because you will be following standard procedure and improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures.
Key Responsibilities (to Name a Few)
- Review code and design, and support software QA and optimize performance.
- Provide well written documentation as knowledge transfer material.
- Provide post production support during integration and validation of new software system product.
- 3 - 8 years' of progressive experience within software devleopment
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics
- Experience with a cross-platform UI framework and Backend (SQL) and Front End Development (Bootstrap & Angular)
- Knowledge of Agile development practices
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools
- Experience with source control systems (i.e jira, git, svn)
- Ability to work independently to deliver effective software and systems Integration into existing projects
- Interface with hardware design and development teams to define project requirements and deliver solutions.
- Relocation is not provided
- There will be minimal travel allotted - possibly once a year
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Comfortable with writing APIs and interfaces with data generators in control systems.
- Familiarity with PLC control systems and data historians.
- Familiarity with Machine Vision and other Data Acquisition systems.
- Familiarity with process capability and statistics
Founded in 1911 in Denver, Colorado, Gates is publicly traded on the NYSE. While we might operate in a vast amount of time zones we operate as One Gates and have a common goal of pushing the boundaries of materials science. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers' diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
While we expect the best we also want to give you the best. That's why at Gates we provide an environment where people can succeed from our policy of Dress for your Day (yes - that means you can wear jeans), health club reimbursement, to our ownership of your work/life balance and more. Visit to learn more.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.
ARE YOU DRIVEN BY POSSIBLITY?
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.