Senior Java Developer
Posted on Sep 19, 2020 by Peraton
Technology is constantly changing and our adversaries are digitally exceeding
law enforcement s ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the
United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute
crime and prevent terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide
the technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to justice. In
response to this challenge, Peraton is seeking a Sr. Java Developer with an
expertise in RESTful Services to provide proven, industry leading big data
capabilities to our customer.
* Work on the front line of the research, development, design, and
deployment of a state of the art big data enterprise data loading
solution that will revolutionize the way our customer interacts with
* Design, test, code, and develop Java solutions to meet customer needs;
ensure software continues to function normally through software
maintenance, upgrade, and testing; document the application, service and
environment as a reference for future operations and maintenance,
including version and platform upgrades.
* Develop a Java-based application using the Spring framework.
You d be a great fit if
* You ve obtained a BS degree and have eight (8) years of relevant
experience. However, equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of
* You have eight (8) years of experience with programming and software
development including analysis, design, development, implementation,
testing, maintenance, quality assurance, troubleshooting and/or upgrading
of software systems.
* You have four (4) years of using Java Software.
* You have experience in solution design and development of java
applications using Spring framework, and micro-services using Spring
* You have experience with RESTful Services.
* You are Top Secret cleared with SCI eligibility and are able to obtain a
It d be even better if you
* Have worked with AWS.
* Have prior experience with ETL code and using and ETL tools.
* Have experience using large scale, high-concurrency data processing tools
* Have experience using Scala.
* Have knowledge of Apache Spark or Databricks.
* Have experience with Kafka.
* Are comfortable with AWS Relational Database Service (RDS).
* Have experience with Data Warehouse API development.
* Have basic SQL or No-SQL query skills.
* Are a team player.
* An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
* Paid maternity and paternity leave
* Company-paid infertility treatments
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security
clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry,
ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship
status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.