WebSphere & Jython DevOps Implementation Consultant (Dutch speaking)
Posted on Sep 19, 2020 by ComTech Europe Limited
For our feature teams, we are looking for an experienced DevOps implementer with an affinity for WebSphere and Jython to help us realize our transition to a DevOps focused company. We ask you to intensively support our development teams in realising our DevOps strategy.
The first hurdle to be overcome in this strategy is to have the deployment and release of the current applications carried out by the development teams.
For this we provide:
- Deployment Scripting (Jython) to deploy our WebSphere applications in a uniform manner to a test, acceptance and production environment
- new setup of our test WebSphere environment in connection with the acceptance environment, so that the current manual handover between dev and ops can be automated
You will then participate in the DevOps consultation within IT to discuss the next steps in our strategy and to realize them effectively. Another important part that is currently in the research phase is the transformation to a Container Platform to switch to refactoring and containerizing of our applications later this year.
- 5 years of relevant experience and operational knowledge of WebSphere technologies: WebSphere ND Application Server 8.5.5+, Scripting in Jython, IBM HTTP server, WebSphere plugin
- relevant and operational experience with Microsoft technologies: IIS (6.0+), Windows platforms (2008 - 2016)
- knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, Networks
- Experience in Container Platforms, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Microservice Architectures
- Experience in realizing Continuous Delivery in prospect to Continuous Deployment
- Experience in Monitoring and Metrics Solutions