Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Sep 18, 2020 by Request Technology
*This is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Network Engineer. This role will be a contract to hire position. It will start as a 6 month long contract and then transition into a direct hire position. This role will be focused around Cisco Routers and Switches, Nexus data center, VPN, SD-WAN, and data center capacity planning.
* Design, implement, and support a Cisco centric WAN, LAN, and WLAN environment.
* This includes Routers, Firewalls, security, wireless, LAN switching, and Nexus Data Center.
* Manage load balancing (including DNS/DHCP/IP).
* Provide remote access solution support (VPN, Terminal Services).
* Perform remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications.
* Run application performance and packet analysis.
* Work with emerging technologies such as SD-WAN or Data Center products.
* Manage vendors; perform network assessments and security audits.
* Support internal run and maintain activities, including remote monitoring and management system, respond to alerts, monitor health and seek improvement opportunities.
* Mentor and coach junior team members; continuously develop your skills and knowledge.
* Research, evaluate, design and deploy new technologies.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Experience with Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN's), Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), WAN Technologies (MPLS, VPLS, VPN) and Security (Cisco Firewalls, IPS).
* Cisco CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience with daily support of Cisco infrastructure.
* Familiarity with VPNs, VOIP (Avaya), SIP Trunking, Cisco Wireless Deployments, SD-WAN, Cisco Data Center Switching, Security methodology, Load Balancing, VMware, Citrix and network monitor tools.
* 1+ year experience with SD-WAN design, deployment, and support is a plus.
* Demonstrated ability to excel in a global, Matrix organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.