Posted on Sep 18, 2020 by Green Street
Green Street provides preeminent and actionable commercial real estate research, news, data, analytics, and advisory services in the U.S. and Europe. For more than 35 years, Green Street has delivered unparalleled intelligence and trusted data on the public and private real estate markets, helping investors, banks, lenders, and other industry participants optimize investment and strategic decisions. The firm delivers exclusive market information, conclusion-driven insights, and predictive analytics through a SaaS platform. The company is headquartered in Newport Beach with offices in Hoboken, Dallas, and London. To learn more, please visit [
As part of our expansion we are seeking an Infrastructure Team (IT) Manager to join our Technology team. The IT Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders across US and UK based offices on all aspects of corporate technologies including networking, security, end-user computing, email and storage infrastructure, telephony and other communication systems.
Relevant experience includes prior work as both a system administrator and user support along with experience leading and managing IT team in medium size company. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who can manage and grow a small technology team but is equally comfortable being hands-on.
The success of Green Street is directly attributable to the strength of our people. We attract high-quality applicants due to our reputation for excellence and our commitment to train and retain talent. Our collaborative work environment provides team members with opportunities to develop professionally and play a central role from day one. At Green Street, we are all about providing unique insights. A diverse and inclusive work environment where top talent can thrive, think freely, and offer different perspectives makes our insights even stronger. We are building a company culture where differences in gender, race, age, religion, ethnicity, identity, physical ability, and perspectives are celebrated and valued.
Candidates must be able to establish both proof of identity and employment eligibility in the US.
* Develops and communicates the companys technology strategy to management and staff
* Leads IT team in evaluating and identifying appropriate technology solution for the organization internal services
* Serves on IT leadership team, advising on and contributing to organizations strategic direction
* Oversees IT budget and vendor contracts and related procurements
* Leads and maintains an organization-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the companys data and servers
* Supervises the selection, set up, and maintenance of technology-based systems, including all back-office applications and systems, networking and telephony systems
* Defines and oversees the companys standard operating procedures for IT, including hardware and software
* Supervises recruitment, hiring and training of IT staff and managing IT contractors/vendors
* Sets clear standards and expectations for IT team member and provides regular feedback and holds annual performance reviews
* Ensures that the companys internal technological processes and services comply with community expectations, laws, and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility
* 8+ years of hands-on technology experience, including systems administration and user support including at least 2-3 years in team management.
* Minimum 3-year experience working with Azure cloud and including the ability to manage office infrastructure at different geographic locations in the US and UK.
* Experience in supporting user base of 250 or more.
* Experience in server administration, service monitoring, response management, disaster recovery and business continuity
* Experience in building, maintaining and enforcing secure IT policies and processes
* Experience with managing networking equipment (corporate firewalls, router, VPN), VOIP systems and network security
* Experience with managing Office 365, Azure Active Directory
* Experience with third party SSO (OKTA) and cloud storage (BOX) is a plus
* Experience with is a plus
* Experience with information security and architecture or related certifications (i.e. CISSP) is a plus
* Experience on technology integration projects tied to mergers and acquisitions (M&A) is a plus
* Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in the field of computer science or system management
* Proven leadership ability, including excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to inspire a team
* Proven experience working and collaborating in distributed, cross-cultural teams
* Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities; ability to see the big picture and the details that make the difference; capable of seeing multiples approaches to solve a problem
* Ability to travel occasionally (less than 10%) to various office locations in the US
* Candidate must be willing to go through security background check as required
* Design, develop, and implement systems, policies and procedure
* Support 250+ users across multiple offices in the US and Europe
Working Conditions: The IT Manager will work indoors in an air-conditioned office building and must be able to remain stationary at a desk and computer for a majority of the day.
Travel Percentage: 10%
* Medical & dental insurance - 100% premium coverage
* Company sponsored employee assistance program, life insurance and long term disability coverage
* Health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts
* 401(k) matching
* Vacation (3+ weeks), sick, and personal time
* Company paid holidays and summer half day Fridays
* Cell phone reimbursements & gym stipends
* 16 weeks fully paid maternity leave & 2 week fully paid paternity leave
* Green Street sponsored co-ed basketball & soccer teams
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.