Network Security Engineer
Posted on Sep 18, 2020 by Maximus
Job Description Summary
The IT Security Specialist III will support the DHA Cybersecurity Division's Network Security Operations Branch in the area of Ports, Protocols, and Services Management (PPSM). The candidate will assist in PPS deployment services for medical information systems use in the DoD network architecture. The Security Specialist will interact with clients seeking PPSM deployment services, and will manage all documentation pertinent to the registration process.
- Work independently to ensure that planned network solutions based on customer requirements are secured in accordance with DoD policies
- Provide security consulting services to other network engineers and customers
- Participate in client meetings and conference calls; gather client requirements, gather information on client's environment, white board / scope potential solutions, and recommend technical solutions
- Gather client requirements and data which including site surveys, system evaluations, system analysis, security analysis, and assessment of client network topology
- Conduct in-depth technical reviews of Certification & Accreditation (C & A) documentation from DIACAP and RMF accreditation program
- Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills, the ability to operate autonomously, acute attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have good writing and oral communications skills
- Advise information system owners on DOD security policies and requirements for systems
- Interface with external customers to provide IA subject matter expertise throughout the system development lifecycle
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and make appropriate recommendations regarding the enhancement of the security posture of systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field, or 7 years practical experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement.
- At least 5 years' experience in computer/network security concepts, firewalls, network designs, intrusion detection, vulnerability analysis, security software, and multiple operating systems (Highly desired; but not required)
- Possess an active DOD Secret clearance. (Desired)
- Knowledge of DoD IA policies and how they pertain to information systems (Preferred)
- Knowledge/experience working in the Military Health System (Desired)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct privacy impact assessments.
- Coordinate data collection, analysis and reporting for IT security data calls, FOIA requests, incident reports and other types of data calls that may be necessary.
- Prepare scheduled FISMA reports.
- Perform security assessments and review system security documentation.
- Support scheduled audits and compliance reviews.
- Develop IT security policies, procedures and standards as requested.
- Review system security documentation.
- Conduct training on various departmental and agency activities and processes that support the risk management and security posture of the department and departmental agencies.
- Manage the Role Based Training project.
- Conduct system Owner Training on a regular basis.
- Manage the Computer Security Awareness Training and Role-Based Training projects.
- Develop, establish and support a Security Operations Center.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure agency's compliance with departmental policies, federal law and regulations.
- Develop and implement information sharing regarding cyber security best practices and common vulnerabilities.
- Prepare and publish monthly cyber security newsletters.
- Administer and manage the site and content blocking, event monitoring, network intrusion detection systems.
- Conduct, as needed, system penetration testing, vulnerability assessment, and security risk analysis.
- Support process, technical and R & D activities.
- Conduct research of new technologies, systems and processes to make recommendations on the enhancement of the security posture.
- Perform research and preliminary proof-of-concept testing of security tools.
- Prepare and submit SAR responses.
- Serve as the System Owner liaison.
- Perform incident response activities.
- Conduct incident response activities to include investigation, containment, and mitigation of undesired activities that pose a risk to the Department's IT assets.
- Perform audit log, firewall, forensic reviews.
- Analyze events and correlation to specific incidents.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or equivalent work experience. MAXIMUS Introduction
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Network Security Engineer
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Intrusion Detection And Prevention
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $135k Annual
$110k - $135k Annual