Posted on Sep 18, 2020 by ClearedJobsNet
ECS is seeking a System Administrator to work in our Fairfax, VAoffice.
ECS is seeking a mid-level Systems Administrator to work as a member of a team
managing and maintaining multiple network enclaves to support the DoD
community. The candidate will provide support to a team developing,
maintaining, creating, documenting, and installing network and enclave
infrastructure for a broad range of datasets, research objectives,
applications, and programming requirements. This is a demanding, high-energy
position requiring innovative solutions to network, hardware, and software
problems. The candidate will perform software installations and upgrades to
operating systems and layered software packages. The candidate will schedule
installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT
policies and procedures and will monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum
performance levels. The candidate will have experience with data storage,
standards, and structuring of large databases, specializing in database
physical structure and functional capabilities, efficiency, security, back-up,
and recovery specifications. The candidate will also manage server access for
multiple, simultaneous, external vendors i.e., Government, academia, and
industry. The candidate must have strong problem-solving skills.
The job is located in Fairfax VA, with frequent local trips to Ashburn, VA and
other locations in the National Capital Region.
Periodic short-term travel (less than 10%) worldwide is required.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Bachelors plus 3 years experience and Associate with 8 years
* Must have a TS/ SCI Clearance
* Install and configure software and hardware
* Provide technical support to network servers and IT systems. (Windows &
* Information Systems Agency (DISA) STIG requirements
* Experience working with and deploying solutions in production use
customer Windows and Linux environments.
* Experience reporting/briefing status to leadership in person and via
* Ability to pick up technologies quickly and document recommendations for
customer and management approval.
* Server access management for multiple dispersed users
* Collaborate with Cloud Service Providers to design, implement, and
maintain customer solutions.
* Write/edit and execute technical documents including, but not limited to:
Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), CONOPS, and other documents as
* The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and
be customer-service and career/growth-oriented
* Web server administration (IIS, Apache, NGINX, etc.)
* DevOps technologies
* Storage technologies and procedures/concepts
* Patch management solutions
* System orchestration (Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national
origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification
protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for
minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States
Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day,
our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the
Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and
defend the American People.
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.