Cloud Analyst - Finance Cloud Analyst - Fully Remote
Posted on Sep 17, 2020 by Consol Partners
Finance Cloud Analyst - Cloud Analyst - Fully Remote
We are looking for an experienced Finance Cloud Analyst to work on a long term project for a major, global organisation. The organisation is based in Switzerland but the position will be fully remote!
This will be an initial 12 month contract.
- Provide services costing expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, IT/cloud engineers, and other systems architects.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the existing IT/cloud architecture/in-house infrastructure and technology portfolio.
- Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure demand management and cost-of-service pricing techniques, and recommend practices that will increase cost effectiveness.
- Develop, document, and make recommendations and communicate plans for financial operations with IT/cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Work closely with developers, IT operations, business, and accounting staff to build and propose a cost-of-service (COS) chargeback model to the service owners of new products or service functionality (internal and external), matching the actual costs to these and ensuring appropriate recovery.
- Work with developers and business and accounting staff to resolve open billing service accounting/costing issues, identify processes improvements, and track progress to completion.
- Provide IT/cloud financial details to Accounting and lines of business in order to complete reconciliation of IT service accounts.
- Analyze the demand for IT/cloud services in order to generate forecast and capacity planning as well as provide information to the vendor management role to negotiate better pricing (eg low utilization, more optimal usage patterns or deployment options).
- At least 4 years Cloud Analyst experinece
Experience in Budget & Finance Management FinOps
MS Office, Tableau experience
Strong knowledge of Cloud Costs Monitoring Tools ERP based system
Knowledge of Cloud Architecture
Excellent communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a world leading organisation in a long term, fully remote project so please apply below!