Posted on Sep 17, 2020 by Wilson Elser
Wilson Elser's Baltimore office currently seeks a Legal Secretary.
This is an excellent opportunity for legal professionals seeking to expand
their careers who are interested in gaining fast-paced professional experience
with a national law firm.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who
faithfully serves our clients with more than 800 attorneys, across 40 offices
in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top
200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and 53rd in The National Law
Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms.
* Must have 2+ years experience as a legal secretary
* Must have prior experience with State and Federal Court procedures and
processes such as e-filing
* Ability to work in a team-based setting with other Legal Secretaries
supporting a group of attorneys
* Open to taking on new responsibilities and challenging tasks
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to integrate into a
* Excellent typing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 (Word,
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Type, edit, file and compose correspondence, including letters and legal
memoranda, discovery responses, answers to complaints, demands and other
related legal documents
* Transcribe dictation and/or edits handwritten documents
* E-file court filings
* Open new matters
* Document management and organization, saving to network, indexing for
* Prepare cover letters for attorney bills
* Input billing information into billing software
* Schedule conferences and depositions, maintain attorney calendars
* Manage bills for third party vendors, process check requests and follow
up with accounting
* Perform other duties as requested or assigned
Why Should You Apply?
* Excellent Benefits
* Generous PTO plan
* Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
* Corporate Discount Plans
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses our commitment to both our clients and you!
Please consider joining our team by applying online.
We are committed to cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes
diversity as a fundamental value. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer;
Minorities and Women are encouraged to apply.
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.