Big Data Engineer
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Orcan Intelligence
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Big Data Engineer has become available for an energy provider in Germany. The position will be a 6 months contract, with potential extension. For this role we are looking for someone who has exposure to being a Data Engineer in a Big Data setting. You will be expected to design and implement solutions, focusing on advanced technologies.
As a Big Data Engineer, you'll have:
- Energy industry experience.
- Good database devops experience.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as python and Scala.
- Experience with Containerization, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, such as Spark and Hadoop.
- Experience of working within an Agile environment.
- Open-source stream-processing software platform, such as Kafka and Apache Spark.
- Written and spoken English is a must, whilst other languages (eg German, French, Italian, etc.) are a plus.