Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Benchmark Analytics
We are currently seeking a talented Data Scientist to join us as we develop our data driven, analytic-focused products designed to revolutionize the law enforcement sector. As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to:
* Build, review, and refine machine learning models related to improving the management of law enforcement officers;
* Build data pipelines for extracting thousands of variables across 10s/100s of millions of records;
* Collaborate with the Benchmark Research Team and other employees to build/enhance user-centered data products
If you are interested in working with passionate and intelligent individuals dedicated to positively impacting society through data, then we believe this is an unprecedented opportunity to experience that first-hand.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has:
* Masters in data science, statistics or computer science preferred, but all applicants are considered based on education, experience and demonstrated skills (e.g., GitHub repository of projects)
* 1-2 years of experience building, refining and selecting machine learning models (e.g., logistic regression, decision trees, random forest, SVM)
* Robust knowledge of statistics and data analysis
* Confident in using SQL to pull data from a database
* Confident in creating statistical models using Python
* Able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
* The ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects and meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently with minimal guidance from management (except in complex and non-routine situations)
* Strong sense for working and communicating well with others
What We Offer:
* A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing, young company
* The satisfaction that comes with being part of a solution that makes a big difference in the world
* The excitement that comes with the need to endlessly innovate and transform our market
* A competitive base salary and flexible PTO policy
* We cover 75% of Medical (BCBS) Premiums, Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer 100% company sponsored Life Insurance as well as a 401k plan
The Fine Print and How to Apply:
* Thank you for your interest in our company and what we are building.
* Benchmark Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity of all kinds in our effort to create a stellar workforce of committed and passionate team members.
* Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas at this time, so we can only accept applications from candidates who are authorized to work in the US.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.