Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by PRA Health Sciences
Do you want to watch clinical development change, or do you want to be the one
to shape it?
Because we re hoping you re here for the latter.
At PRA Health Sciences, being kind isn't just an idea, it is who we are. Our
team of Medical Directors are the kindest, most brilliant in the industry.
Being a Medical Director is more than just your average opportunity, it's a
chance to make a difference on a grander scale.
This position is located in our Victoria, B.C., PRA office.
We are currently looking for a Medical Director specializing in Clinical
Pharmacology to join our Medical Affairs team.
Working in a fast-paced, client-focused global environment, our Medical
Directors play a pivotal role in our project teams and our company. Your
medical expertise will be called upon throughout the entire life cycle of a
project including partnering with global Business Development for requests for
information and attending bid defense meetings to raise our profile as the
chosen partner for our clients for their projects.
PRA Health Sciences provides an expansive global network of resources network
of resources necessary to help the most people possible. Medical Directors are
granted the opportunity to take their experience and expertise farther than
ever before, while never losing sight of the ultimate goal - improving the
lives of real patients in the real world.
What will you be doing?
As well as sharing your vast medical expertise at investigator meetings, kick-
off meetings, and client face-to-face meetings other responsibilities will
* Providing input into the creation of the protocol and other study-related
* Participating in discussions with regulators, key opinion leaders, senior
management and our clients
* Delivering training to external project teams and PRA colleagues
* Reviewing medical data on the indication, inclusion / exclusion criteria
and other medical issues to ensure our overall project deliverables are
* Sharing your vast medical expertise at investigator meetings, kick-off
meetings, and client face-to-face meetings
* Working closely with our Drug Safety teams to evaluate Serious Adverse
Events and to develop Safety Management Plans, Pharmacovigilance Plans
and Risk Management Plans
* Maintaining a strong consultative relationship with the client throughout
the project life cycle
* Medical Monitoring
What do you need to have?
Here at PRA we want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up
for this success through constant training, development and support. To enable
success in this position you will have the following:
* A medical qualification with license to practice and board certification.
* Experience in the desired therapy area is essential, ideally with
experience in Phase II - III studies either in industry or as an
* Experience writing clinical study reports, poster presentations, and
manuscripts for publication in a scientific journal is preferable.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States,
and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to
minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.