Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Appian Europe Limited
Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the fully automated build/test/deploy system that Appian uses to manage its software development. You will ensure that our world-class infrastructure is always available, responsive, and capable of meeting the diverse needs of a dynamic and high-powered development team. You will work directly with the development team to assess and prioritize the current and upcoming needs of the organization, design/build/deploy new automation for all aspects of our development life-cycle, and maintain, troubleshoot and fix issues that impede our team's progress.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing, configuring and enhancing the tools we use to get things done (GitLab, Terraform, JIRA, Jenkins, GitHub)
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, Memcache, Zookeeper and designing and building new infrastructure features to increase product quality, decrease cycle time, and improve developer efficiency
- Becoming a master of our current product infrastructure
- Keeping automated infrastructure up-to-date as dependent technologies evolve and scale (JEE application servers, JDK, RDBMS)
- Automating every aspect of our development lifecycle and help us in our mission to achieve continuous delivery
- Creating new tools to increase departmental visibility into product quality, performance and releasability
- Passionate about DevOps, Release Engineering and trends including CI/CD
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency working in AWS and both a Windows and Linux environment
- Experience designing and building software or software systems in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
- Strong working knowledge of prevalent build and automation languages (Gradle, Maven, Ant, Groovy)
- A strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Fluency in at least one object-oriented programming language, preferably Java
At Appian, you will help us build our award-winning Low Code Platform product that enables business people to build cloud and mobile enterprise applications with flexible, visual models instead of custom code. Appian discovers and unites enterprise data, connects users through social and collaborative engagement in the context of business data, and provides the leading suite of business process technology to enable rapid application development and optimization in every industry.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $180k Annual