Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Cloudflare, Inc.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world's largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine's Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team. Cloudflare is building one of the largest, most resilient networks that spans over 200 points of presence spread across all regions and plans to continue our expansion at a rapid pace. This position will be responsible for the technical operation and engineering of the Cloudflare's core data center network, including the planning, installation and management of the hardware and software as well as the day to day operations of the network. The core network supports our critical internal needs such as databases, high volume logging, and internal application clusters. This is an opportunity to be part of the team that is building a high-performance network that is accessible to any web property online.
- 3 plus years of experience working in large scale data center network engineering environments
- Proficient to expert knowledge of NX-OS and EOS
- Experience with Clos Fabrics and a strong understanding of EVPN and VXLAN deployments and protocols
- Proven network debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong interest in network automation frameworks (SaltStack and/or Ansible, etc)
- Experience writing network configuration and design documentation
- Ability to prioritize when faced with high pressure scenarios
Bonus Points but not required:
- Knowledge of programming languages like Python or Golang
- Good working knowledge of BGP
- Experience working on high traffic, scalable networks
- Professional experience as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- Professional level network certification(s) (JNCIP , CCNP , etc) or higher
- Experience working on cloud provider or content networks
- Experience managing internal and/or external customer requirements and expectations
- Experience with optical transport technologies such as CWDM/DWDM
- Experience with CI/CD, containers, Kubernetes and/or visualization, web servers, and databases
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We're not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We're a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organisations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare's enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organisation, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you'd like to be a part of? We'd love to hear from you!
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, colour, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialied equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.