Asst. Legal Cashier (Entry Level Position to Progress to Train as a So
Posted on Sep 15, 2020 by Gard & Co
A unique opportunity for a non-law graduate to join Gard & Co, initially as an Assistant Legal Cashier, but with the ultimate aim of training to practise as a Solicitor.
The successful candidate will initially work as an Assistant Legal Cashier, providing data entry and accounts support with the aim of progressing to be a Legal Assistant.
Subject to satisfactory performance and attitude, financial support will then be made available for:
- postgraduate study and examinations (ILEX/GDL/LPC)
- a training contract (if appropriate)
This outstanding opportunity would suit a graduate with non-law degree who wishes to pursue a career as a solicitor in Devon.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for law and longstanding interest in a legal career
- Be able to demonstrate the determination and capacity to undertake distance learning whilst performing in a full-time job
- Have a good academic record and rounded skill set
- Have plenty of real-life experience in the workplace (through part time or voluntary work)
- Be able to show that they are self-motivated and committed.
In return, for a candidate who can perform well and demonstrate industrious commitment, Gard & Co will invest in your career - as it has done for many other graduates within the firm.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly regarded firm of solicitors which believes in investing in talented graduates.
To apply, please click APPLY NOW to submit your cover letter and CV.
CVs will not be considered unless accompanied by a covering letter.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted so please apply as soon as possible.
Thank you for your interest in Gard & Co.
This job role is being advertised under the GradTalent Development Agency - a new project which offers a personalised employment service designed to offer additional support for local* graduates to secure local graduate opportunities.
You do not have to be a local* graduate to apply for this role and all applications will be considered on their merit.
However, if you are an eligible local* graduate we can offer additional support with:
- Your application - when you apply, we'll offer you a free CV review (before we send your CV on to the recruiter)
- Your interview - if you are invited to interview, contact us for a free 1-2-1 interview coaching session prior to your interview
We can also help with:
- Post placement support designed to optimise on-boarding and ongoing development
- Advice and guidance to assist graduates with a disability
To take advantage of this support, please email
*Local graduates are defined as; graduates originally from the South West, who went to University in the South West and are looking for jobs in the South West.