Genesys SIP Engineer
Posted on Sep 15, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Genesys Engineer. Candidate will plan, design, implement and support Telephony related technologies including IP Telephony platforms, Gateways, Session Border Controllers, Genesys SIP Server, SIP Endpoints, GAX, Feature Server, Interaction Recording, VoIP Networking Architecture and Databases. They also provide subject matter expertise around the specific telephony technologies. They provide project management for the deployment of infrastructure projects and act as the primary vendor interface and tier-three support for telephony technologies provided and supported by vendors. This position also troubleshoots and resolves operational outage and it pertains to Telephony in our production environment.
- Provides planning, design, development, and implementation of Telephony related infrastructure technologies including large Genesys call center applications, GVP IVR, Outbound dialer, VoIP Networking Architecture, Databases, ACDs/PBXs and IP Telephony platforms.
- Provide project management for the deployment of infrastructure projects, as well as act as primary vendor interface and tier-three support for applications and technologies provided and supported by vendors.
- Identify and lead changes needed in the infrastructure configuration to achieve the technology organization goals.
- Lead project management oversight for infrastructure implementation projects.
- Implement technology and infrastructure changes for platforms, performance, and scoring.
- Analyze system response and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
- Manage effective issue identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for infrastructure-related issues/crisis resolution.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and critical decision-making skills
- Must be able to support on-call rotation & overnight work as needed
- Bachelor's degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience required
- It is required that the associate has a good understanding of QOS with emphasis on VoIP, SIP, and TCP/IP Networking
- The associate must have at least 5-7 years of experience within Telephony/Call Center technologies space. Examples of the relevant Call Center Technologies are:
- Genesys SIP Server, Interaction Server
- Genesys - Workspace Desktop Edition (WDE)
- Genesys Feature Server & GAX
- Genesys Outbound Contact Server (OCS)
- Genesys SIP Endpoints
- It is required that the associate has a good level of knowledge of LAN/WAN and Firewall policies
- Knowledgeable of CTI desktop integration and Quality Monitoring tools
- Current technical experience relevant to VoIP infrastructure, including telephony capacity metrics, SIP and CTI messaging, and vendor support
- Genesys ICON/InfoMart
- Genesys Callback
- Genesys Interaction Recording (GIR)
- Red Hat Linux
- Oracle Database
- Virtual Hold Technologies Virtual Hold (VHT)
- Audio Codes PSTN Gateways & Oracle SBCs
- Oracle (Acme Packet) Session Border Controller (SBC)
- PCI Segmentation