Software Engineer - Gaming Industry
Posted on Sep 15, 2020 by Stelfox Ltd
Level Up your career with Stelfox partner, responsible for developing and running the online services for some of the largest entertainment franchises in the world.
Join the Dublin office to build online services for identity management, matchmaking, microtransactions, statistics, data pipeline, content, and storage.
Choose your gear and get ready to design and implement features, run services and help deliver amazing games at a massive scale: 469+ million gamers, 100+ games, 300+ thousand requests per second at peak, 132 billion+ API calls per month. Ensure those games stay online, 24/7 for years after launch.
- It's all about scale - you have solid experience building scalable services. The closest with the numbers above, the better.
- You love to code - at least 5 years coding in Python and/or C++
- Strong experience around communication/messaging protocols/REST services
- Experience building and running distributed systems development and service-oriented architectures
- Experience with at least one major database - MySQL/Cassandra
- Commitment with open source - strong background with Linux environments
Big plus if you have:
- Knowledge of AWS or Google Cloud
- Configuration Management Tools - Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, etc
Some of the Benefits
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Medical, dental and life insurance coverage
- Little perks like free snacks, game room and foosball
- Tuition, training, and conferences to level up your skills
This position is located in Dublin, Ireland and requires relocation. The company will assist you with all the relocation process.
Get in touch with me for more information, and let's have some fun talking about our favourite games.
We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent.
We look forward to working with you.