Head of Nature Based Solutions
Posted on Sep 15, 2020 by Acre
Acre is very excited to partner with a leading company within the Climate Change sector, to identify a Head of Nature Based Solutions. This commercially focused role will be trusted with heading up a new business unit that has a key focus on Forest Creation, Carbon Sequestration and other Natural Climate Solutions on a global scale.
* Developing carbon sequestration projects based on REDD+ and the planting of new woodlands and forests
* Growing and leading a new service line focusing on Natural Climate Solutions, including rewilding, peatland restoration, soil carbon and other appropriate opportunities
* Working closely with the standards and certifying bodies to ensure timely monitoring, verification and issuance of carbon outcomes and other impact quantifications
* Maintaining a strong understanding of the science relating to REDD+ and the approaches of major multilateral agencies to funding and managing tropical resources
* Being aware of and across the requirements the Voluntary Carbon Standard, the Climate Change and Biodiversity Alliance standard, Plan Vivo and the Woodland Carbon Code
Based within the Home Counties, with the option of flexible working across the UK, the successful candidate will also be required to travel nationally and internationally to lead the Natural Climate Solutions service lines.
* Demonstrable track record of developing a new service line with strong knowledge across the carbon markets
* Be able to demonstrate strong commercial aptitude and the ability to identify and originate projects
* Strong track record of engaging with landowners and external stakeholders with exceptional relationship management skills
* Have experience of monitoring carbon sequestration projects, including monitoring reports and third party verification
* Technical understanding of emerging sectors such as peatland restoration and C;re-wilding.D;
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial flair aligned with a technical understanding of the sector who is looking to align both skills to create a new commercial business unit and grow a team around them.