Posted on Sep 14, 2020 by Harvard Bioscience
Holliston, MA 01746
ABOUT HARVARD BIOSCIENCE
Harvard Bioscience is a leading developer, manufacturer and seller of technologies, products and services that enable fundamental research, discovery, and pre-clinical testing for drug development. Our customers range from renowned academic institutions and government laboratories, to the world's leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology and clinical research organizations. We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: HBIO) with over $116M in revenue in 2019. With operations in North America and Europe, we sell through a combination of direct and distribution channels to customers around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional field sales representative to join our expanding Scientific Products Team in the Northeast: CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT. The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for managing an existing customer base and selling both directly and through established sales channels for various Harvard Bioscience product brands as part of our Scientific Products Sales Team. The product portfolio includes the Harvard Apparatus, KD Scientific, Biochrom, Hoefer, Coulbourn Instruments, Panlab, CMA and HSE product lines/brands. The scientific applications these products encompass include fluidics, spectrophotometry, molecular biology, animal surgery, animal behavior, whole animal and ex vivo organ physiology as well as other general laboratory products.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERAN/DISABILITY
FLSA: EXEMPT (COMMISSIONS)
In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Conduct territory activities, including:
• Qualify incoming US Sales inquiries, provide recommendations, prepare quotations and advance to sale closure.
• Prospect for new sales opportunities.
• Determine customer needs and execute cross-selling effectively.
• Educate and promote sales through regional representatives of channel partners.
• Work with in-house and other company representatives to present and sell product lines.
• As needed, demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasize salable features.
• Segment the customer and prospect database, make contact and initiate sales activities.
• Conduct local shows and attend National trade shows as directed.
• Meet goals for call/travel metrics & corporate CRM use.
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR EXPERIENCE OR EQUIVALENT
• Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in a life science major.
• The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of successful Life Science field sales experience with demonstrated competence in system and solution selling.
• Hands on experience in a life science research laboratory desirable.
• Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please do not forget to mention Bio Careers when applying.