Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Sep 13, 2020 by BlueChip Financial
BlueChip Financial (BCF) is looking for a qualified Senior DevOps Engineer who loves building software to help drive the direction of new and exciting greenfield projects. Our products live in the cloud on Amazon Web Services and we favor modular code and microservice-based architecture and patterns. This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering.
In this role, you will:
* Build and help lead strategy in building out and maintaining our core infrastructure (AWS).
* Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail.
* Identify and influence the solution to complex technical issues. Build prototype and POCs to promote new technologies and processes.
* Lead by example, delivering high-quality solutions for critical sections of the product and/or platform; champion quality standards, performance and scalability.
* Provide cross-functional coordination and communication, and mentorship of less senior team members.
* 5+ years experience as a DevOps engineer or SRE
* 5+ years maintaining applications and infrastructure on AWS.
* 3+ years managing Kubernetes deployments.
* Proven experience deploying and managing scalable apps using modern cloud platform technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, EKS)
* Exposure to deploying applications in multiple back-end languages (e.g.: Java, RoR, Scala, Python)
* Proficient with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g.: Couchbase, MySQL, MS SQL Server, ElasticSearch)
* Extensive experience with event processing mechanisms (e.g.: AWS SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
* A strong understanding of concurrent, parallel, and distributed systems
* Proficient in configuring and maintaining CI/CD tooling (e.g.: Jenkins, CircleCI)
* Automating provisioning distributed services on public cloud platforms
* Experience with SDLC methodologies, such as Agile and Kanban
* Knowledge of federal lending regulations a plus.
Location and Travel
BCF is headquartered in Belcourt, North Dakota with a satellite office in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This position can be located at either office, although travel to both offices will be required. Under normal (post-pandemic) circumstances, travel will also be required to attend industry conferences and may also be required for vendor management, both of which may vary at times. Total travel should flex between 10% and 30% per month.
* The opportunity to help bring much-needed income and economic development to the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians
* Competitive salary and performance bonus
* Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K, internet and cell phone line and data reimbursement and four weeks of PTO
* Company sponsored travel to conferences for professional development and training opportunities
About the Company
BlueChip Financial (d/b/a ) is a leading online direct lender founded in 2012 that utilizes advanced underwriting technology to provide short-term loans to Americans in need. BCF is wholly owned and operated by the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians of North Dakota, a Federally-recognized Native American Tribe (the Tribe).
BlueChip Financial is an integral part of the Tribes economic development efforts, and it is an essential provider of employment opportunities on the Tribes reservation. Employment decisions at BCF are based on qualifications, ability, and merit. When qualifications are equal, candidates who are enrolled members of the Tribe will receive preference. After considering this preference, it is BCFs policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $180k Annual