Senior Manager of Security Operations
Posted on Sep 13, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*This is a bonus eligible REMOTE role*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Manager of Security Operations. Candidate will lead the team responsible for defining, developing, updating, and delivering the Technical Security Solution Operations Service and the Appropriate Use Solution Operations Service. The team operates, manages, and maintains technical security solutions, security process support solutions, and appropriate use monitoring and enforcement solutions. Primary objectives for the role will be to exceed customer expectations with regard to availability, performance, capacity, currency, problem resolution, and configuration of technical security, security process support, and appropriate use monitoring and enforcement solutions.
- Have overall responsibility for Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Maintain the service management plan for Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Ensure that processes and technical capabilities are implemented according to approved goals and policies.
- Monitor and track the maturity of Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Proactively identify service improvement opportunities.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all concerns in the context of Cybersecurity Operations services
- Act as an expert for Cybersecurity Operations services on technical and non-technical concerns
- Maintain core service documentation.
- Have situational awareness of all events, situations, and changes impacting Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Report regularly on the service to senior leadership.
- Create target state and implementation road-map for cybersecurity operations processes and supporting technology.
- Lead maturity efforts to implement the process and technology road-map.
- Deliver a full suite of system life cycle and IT service management activities to support security platforms, including: availability and continuity management, capacity management, customer relationship management supplier relationship management, incident management, problem management, configuration management, change management, reporting, and release and deployment management.
- Design and implement all changes to technical security solution configurations.
- Provide security system owners a suite of service management activities focused on the configuration and maintenance of the security functions of the solution, including customer relationship management, supplier relationship management, incident management, problem management, configuration management, change management, release and deployment management, service request management, reporting, and continuous service improvement.
- Ensure that integrations with or agent deployments of security systems, eg log feeds from Servers or anti-malware agent deployments, continue to exceed established thresholds for environmental saturation and coverage. Provide support and troubleshooting for new integrations or agent deployments.
- Report to senior leadership on the overall health and effectiveness of security platforms.
- Establish and maintain expertise in a wide variety of security technologies, including, but not limited to, vulnerability scanning, data loss prevention, intrusion prevention, application Firewalls, web proxies, multi-factor authentication, database security monitoring, sensitive data discovery, and PKI.
- Define and manage a set of interconnected processes.
- Measure and report on operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Communicate regularly and clearly to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Manage a geographically disperse team.
- Develop vision and strategy for a team.
- Resolve disputes within team and across functional boundaries.
- Negotiate rules of engagement.
- Define clear roles and responsibilities and establish accountability.
- Set goals and measure performance.
- Encourage employee growth and development.
- Lead a moderately complex project to completion.