Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Sep 13, 2020 by NetScout Systems
Company Name: NETSCOUT
Seeking a Senior Network Engineer at our Westford, MA locaiton
NETSCOUT SYSTEMS, INC. (NASDAQ: NTCT) is a market leader in real-time service assurance and cybersecurity solutions for today's most demanding service provider, enterprise and government networks. We collect, correlate, organize, and analyze traffic data from all corners of your environment. Headquartered in Westford, Massachusetts, NetScout has approximately 2,600 employees and offices across the globe. NetScout serves the Global 5000 enterprise community as well as government agencies and telecommunications service providers.
Position Summary: The NETSCOUT IT Team is currently seeking a Network Engineer responsible for providing design, implementation and operational support for a $1Billion global enterprise. Responsible for the network infrastructure and delivery of services, the successful candidate will be a hard charging, highly motivated person who not only has experience working with Cisco networking technology but is able to manage multiple projects and implementations simultaneously. Operational in over 35 locations worldwide, the Network Engineer will play a vital role within the team ensuring the stability and integrity of global LANs/WAN, WLAN, remote access services, Unified Communications, internet services and general network services. This valuable position has responsibility covering both Network Engineering and Operations and ranges in scope from capacity planning to unified service delivery using the latest technologies at a company who is an industry leader.
- Provide network technology planning, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and operational support for (35+) NetScout sites and employees worldwide.
- Provide onsite network support for Corporate HQ
- Engineering and administration of core foundational infrastructure: LAN/WAN/WLAN, Internet, MPLS, routing, switching, security (firewalls), SDWAN.
- Support of Cisco Unified Communications implementation. Includes basic administration of Cisco VoIP infrastructure (Call Manager/Unity/Call Center) as well as integrated Video Conferencing technologies.
- Implementation and support of virtual network infrastructure.
- Implementation and administration of network monitoring, alerting and capacity planning tools and services.
- Support of remote access services (SSL VPN, Citrix, S2S VPNs).
- Execution of changes that are in-line with established processes and with no impact to business operations.
- Maintain accurate topology diagrams for all network infrastructure and services.
- Partner with other Service Delivery teams on project planning, implementation and operational support.
- Participate in providing 247 on-call coverage as part of an on-call rotation.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco networking technology is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands on experience working with Cisco networking technology.
- Proven experience and success with LAN (chassis and stackable switches), WAN (routing and routing protocols), WLAN (cloud-managed access points) design and implementation.
- Experience supporting remote access services (SSL VPN, S2S VPNs).
- Knowledge of telephony and Unified Communications technologies.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles and general network management best practices.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to use Visio to document network topologies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to self-manage tasks and deliverables on assigned projects.
- Ability to work as part of a global network team.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- CCNA or CCNP certification
- Familiar with Cisco ACI technology
- Familiar with Cisco FTD technology
- Experience with WAN optimization and load balancing
The people behind our products are responsible for our company's success, and we take your career ambitions seriously. As a NETSCOUT Systems employee, you'll enjoy a generous benefits package, including a liberal vacation policy, matching 401k plan, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, domestic partner benefits, company-paid life insurance, short & long term disability & AD & D. We also offer both a Flexible Medical & Childcare Spending Account.
NETSCOUT Systems, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Type Full-Time
Location MA - Westford
Preferred Language English
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.