Oracle Exadata DBA
Posted on Sep 12, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking an Oracle Exadata DBA
- Manage all aspects of physical database administration including setup, installations, upgrades, patches, security, backup and recovery, space management, performance tuning, schema management and capacity planning for Oracle 11g and 12c.
- Monitor the Exadata Database Machines in Production, Dev and QA environments.
- Assist in Exadata upgrades
- Support Application teams and their projects to enhance, troubleshoot and performance tune
- Support Oracle Databases in Production, Test and Development environments
- Install, upgrade and test Oracle Gateway software
- Develop and implement Database Recovery plans and procedure
- Analyzes the performance of Databases and recommends tuning and application changes
- Monitor and Maintain Data Synching
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- 6+ years of hands-on experience as an Oracle DBA, working directly with Oracle 11g and 12c
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Oracle RAC, ASM environment
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Oracle Data Guard
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with Exadata Database Machines
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with Oracle Gateway
- Strong hands-on performance tuning skills
- Strong SQL and UNIX Scripting skills
- Oracle RDBMS concepts and fundamentals
- Oracle Database Space Management & Capacity Planning
- Oracle RMAN Backup and Recovery techniques
- PL/SQL programming, writing complex queries and stored procedures, functions, triggers is preferred
- Advanced querying, T-SQL, PL/SQL, ANSI SQL
- Advanced Programming for Data Transformation (Integration Services, DTS, and XML)
- Provide 24x7 support as needed
- Experience with Oracle OEM, and database monitoring tools
- Experience with Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, and Oracle GRID Control.
- Experience with Solaris and Linux
- Experience with data model tools such as ER-Studio, Oracle Designer, etc.
- Proficient in business analysis, data modelling, logical and physical database design, data acquisition analysis and design, data access analysis and design.
- Proficient in planning and management of scope of work and time estimation.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong problem solving skills and strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Ability to mentor others is a plus.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accountable for actions
- Accountable for validating data quality in work products
- Implement, test and configure performance tuning
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".