Posted on Sep 12, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a an IT trainer in Tifton or Jesup GA. who provides classroom training to staff on a variety of information systems. Position based in either Jesup or Tifton, Georgia. Position will include in-state travel to some District/Area offices.
Complete Description if the IT Trainer
- Participate in IT Projects to design and develop learning materials
- Produce effective training presentations, tutorials, instructor and student guides, lesson plans/exercises in multiple media and formats suitable to course audience
- Create, review, and update training materials and documentation based on user feedback, classroom surveys, IT version updates, and IT support tickets
- Maintain, coordinate, and communicate training schedules with end users and stakeholders
- Solicit classroom enrollment and maintain class information/user registration within (Oracle) Learning Management System
- Collect and maintain training data to support department key performance indicators
- Make arrangements for external vendor provided training at Clint training centers
- Conduct training courses, customer webinars, on-site customer training, and user group sessions
- Establish effective relationships throughout the organization, both within IT and across business units/customers/stakeholders to identify/address gaps in user training
- Facilitate training for end users through a variety of mediums, which may include classroom settings, one-on- one, and online methods
- Remain knowledgeable about Clients IT applications and business strategies as related to training materials and courses
- Assist technical managers, IT developers, and specialists to explain complex technical concepts and business/data workflows to non-technical audiences
- Provide user training support with IT product launches and go-lives
- Travel to Georgia business locations (within State of Georgia) to conduct training
- Ability to maintain professionalism and order within the classroom to complete course objectives
- Ability to adapt/respond in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused IT environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities
Training content is expected to include client developed in-house software and systems (training will be provided upon hire), COTS applications implemented by client, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE). Client will reimburse authorized travel expense lodging and meals. Client will reimburse authorized travel use of a personal vehicle use. All travel expense reimbursement shall be in accordance with Office Travel Policy:
A cell phone and laptop will be provided.
- Bachelor's degree in or Technical Communications, Teaching, IS, IT or other technical fieldRequired4Years
- Microsoft OfficeRequired5Years
- Work experience in the field of IT technical training and train-the-trainer trainingRequired4Years
- Work experience in developing role based end user training materials for IT applications/systemsRequired4Years
- Strong leadership, problem solving, oral presentation, technical writing, planning, and adult-learning/workforce teaching skillsRequired
- Experience in course design and developmentRequired
- Experience in developing training content (eg user manuals, handouts, slides, exercises, and web based training)Required
- Ability and flexibility to travel frequently within State of GeorgiaRequired
- Strong commitment to providing superior customer serviceRequired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsRequired
- Able to develop training content in collaborative team environment and work independently with minimal supervision to deliver trainingRequired
- Hands-on, can-do attitudeRequired
- Able to maintain personal credit card for any expenses, client will not provide advance payment on expenses, but will reimburse authorized expeRequired
- Ability to maintain a valid driver license, capable of driving/operating a car, able to use personal car for travelRequired
- Able to stand, stoop, kneel, lift, etc. to setup training centers and transport course materialsRequired
- Experience with developing content for workforce teaching and instructionHighly desired
- Experience with course content creation tools such as Captivate, Camtasia, or Articulate Storyline
- Highly desired Strong technical background in computers, transportation, or government
- Highly desired Familiarity with ITIL or REMEDYHighly desired
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.