Senior Data Solutions Engineer
Posted on Sep 12, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Senior Data Solutions Engineer. Candidate will develop new solutions for analysing/processing/enriching unstructured content; integrate advanced analytics solutions to optimize business decisions and processes by analysing various forms of unstructured data sets like images, voice and video; and address new technical challenges using existing and emerging technology solutions. We can consider strong Solutions Engineers with or without unstructured data background.
- Design and implement a centralized Unstructured data management ecosystem to collect, analyze, store, protect and govern Unstructured data for the enterprise.
- Build a scalable platform for the evolving needs to support Company's Unstructured Data Strategy.
- Identify and utilize new and emerging technologies to define comprehensive, sustainable, extensible architecture to meet defined business needs, including cloud or on-premises solutions
- Design and establish governance and data management frameworks for Unstructured data.
- Provide recommendations on implementation of organization wide processes and procedures for the management of data risk especially if the solution is based on a public cloud services.
- Coordinate with Network and Infrastructure teams to design systems that can scale to the operational needs of handling large volumes of Unstructured data
- Define strategies to Investigate, evaluate, interpret and classify Unstructured data in order to define and clarify information structures which describe the relationships between the Unstructured content and its associated metadata.
- Evaluate technologies & implement solutions that enable the capture, publication and governance of business and system metadata, including lineage and traceability
- Partners with other internal teams and peers in the department to ensure solutions meet the holistic needs of various stakeholders.
- Executes on initiatives to improve the accuracy, security, quality, completeness, speed of data, and decisions made from Big Data analysis.
- Leverages and uses best practices to develop technical solutions used for handling of Unstructured data.
- Supports Innovation; regularly provides new ideas to help people, process, and technology that interact with data ecosystem.
- Develop and builds frameworks/prototypes that integrate Unstructured data and advanced analytics to make better business decisions.
- Supports a clear communication strategy that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed and provides an opportunity to influence the direction of the work
- Trains and develops other engineers.
- 3 - 5 Years of experience as a Solution Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience. Master's Degree in a quantitative or scientific field would be a plus.
- Experience in architecting/designing software products to drive data & analytic efforts using Java/python as the programming language.
- Experience/Knowledge of building applications using Public/Private cloud infrastructure
- Frameworks: Micro Service, Spring boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Hibernate
- Experience building event-driven architecture patterns using eventing/streaming frameworks like JMS, Kafka and Kinesis
- Database - Oracle, No SQL DB like MongoDB
- Experience managing Unstructured data, developing, managing, and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Experience with metadata management & ETL frameworks
- Experience with various data types (eg Unstructured, Hierarchical, Relational, Linked Graph Data) Understanding of security risks and vulnerabilities, leveraging tools and techniques to minimize risk.
- Experience and solid understanding of Bigdata ecosystems such as Spark, Streaming, Kafka, Object stores
- Experience/Knowledge of Object storage technologies
- Ability to communicate and present advanced technical topics to general audiences.
- Leading project teams of various skills levels from a Technical perspective
- Automation, Configuration Management (eg Ansible, Puppet), Dev-ops practices, CI/CD frameworks (eg Jenkins).
- Elementary networking skills, switching, routing, Firewalls, load balancing.
- Linux Containers/Docker/Kubernetes.
- AWS Knowledge - Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, Step Function, AppSync, Dynamo DB, Cloudwatch, EKS.