Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Sep 12, 2020 by Risk Focus
Are you looking to join a dynamic company that will keep you challenged with new technologies and responsibilities, help you develop your skills and career, and provide you with the stability of a profitable 15-year-old company that has a proven track record of success?
We are hiring experienced DevOps Engineers in our Pittsburgh office, presenting a unique opportunity to join our young team and help build the office culture from the ground up. We need smart, driven self-learners to solve our clients problems by contributing to the technical design and implementation that best address our clients challenges. You will join an established DevOps team that collaborates closely with clients, helping guide the organizations transformation, adopting innovative technology and process.
Risk Focus is a NYC-based company that provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises. Our DevOps and Cloud practice provides solutions, methodologies, and support guidance for digital transformation, containerization and automation. Our Financial Services team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions in Capital Markets.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We aim to hire engineers who thrive in an open-ended environment, and who want to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering results.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will:
* Analyze clients existing infrastructures & software environments
* Prepare cloud migration plans and lead the implementation of those plans
* Automate deployment and lifecycle management using orchestrators such as AWS CloudFormation or Hashicorp Terraform
* Automate application configuration using CM tools such as Ansible Playbooks, SaltStack formulas or Kubernetes Templates / Helm Charts
* Monitor infrastructure and applications using tools such as Splunk, Graylog, Grafana, TICK, or Prometheus
* Create CI/CD pipelines using cloud-native tools, or best-of-breed tools such as Jenkins
* Be immersed in a continual learning environment, adopting new techniques, patterns, and tools
* Complete certifications and accreditations, advancing your technical skills and overall career
All candidate must have:
* A bachelors degree in something interesting, or equivalent experience
* At least 5 years experience as a DevOps/System/Network Engineer automating infrastructure, deployment, network, configuration, or testing processes
* Deep knowledge of Linux / Unix or Windows systems administration
* Deep familiarity with AWS offerings
* Experience with automation/configuration management using SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, or similar
* Kubernetes development and administration experience, preferably in both cloud-native and self-hosted environments
* Solid scripting skills (Python, Bash/KSH/ZSH)
* Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills, and solve tough problems
* Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
In addition, ideal candidates will also have experience with:
* DevOps Engineering in an Enterprise setting
* Large deployments on Azure, Google Compute, OpenStack
* Creating pipelines, managing pools of agents, tracking artifacts, etc.
* Automated Testing and/or Test Data Management
* Containerization technologies and best practices
* Interacting directly with clients in a consulting capacity
* Experience working in a distributed work environment
Risk Focus provides to all employees:
* Flexible work environment with a globally distributed team
* Competitive compensation packages including performance bonuses
* Paid vacation and sick time off
* 401k plan with company match
* Employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
* A culture of cooperation and support
* Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid training and certifications
Link to this job
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $180k Annual