Agile DevOps Engineer/Developer Data Science (R programming)
Posted on Sep 12, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Agile DevOps Engineer/Developer Data Science (Dutch speaking with R programming experience)
This is an amazing opportunity to join one of the Netherlands leading financial organizations offering a competitive salary and package to match.
Location: Amsterdam + occasional travel to regional offices in the Netherlands.
Must have skills: Alteryx + Dutch language, Qlik Sense, Alteryx and R studio teams.
Are you a highly-motivated all-round IT specialist with medior data science skills? and eager to participate in the area of finance? Do you have development and support skills and a relevant education in Computer Science or Software Engineering?
My client is becoming a leading data driven company. Besides IT staff more and more employees are working with all kinds of data sets in order to work on decision making based on data and to most value for our customers.
We're looking for an all-round IT specialist who's able to fulfil self-service and data science support tasks for business users and to develop and maintain self-service and data science tooling.
We're looking for an enthusiastic team player who has knowledge of Qlik Sense, Alteryx and R studio teams, who's able to help the business users to make decision making models, dashboards and automating their work.
If you're motivated to help business users to become better in using visualization tooling, data preparation and analyses tooling, and if you're capable/hands-on in improving automation of testing, and deployments then this job might be right one for you.
With regards to future changes to this function we expect the level of self-service capabilities from business users to increase and that the self-service solutions become more mature. As a result of that the focus of the function will move towards maintenance of models made by business users and maintaining data sets in close corporation with the business users.
Your work is based in Amsterdam but occasionally travelling to my clients other regional offices will be required.
The Agile DevOps Engineer we are looking for is solution oriented and always sees opportunities without losing sight of quality. He or she takes ownership and responsibility by nature and has a pragmatic attitude.
Additionally we ask for:
- a bachelor degree and preferably master in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other relevant area;
- at least two years of working experience with Qlik, Alteryx and R studio. Experience with Python is preferred;
- experience with SQL (Report) development/customization;
- experience in quickly solving complex problems, learn new frameworks and implementations;
- eagerness to keep up with new developments in programming languages, and have a good understanding of IT infrastructures;
- clear interest in asset management processes (investing money and service assets);
- highly developed communication skills; Dutch and English (verbal and in writing).
Important to note:
- Not looking for someone who is solely data science focused.
- Must be able to CREATE and PUT TOGETHER the platform for data scientists to implement Qlik/Alteryx.
- The focus is on 'production status' applications which are managed by the COO. Therefore, the self service apps/dashboards which means Qlik, Alteryx, SQL plus the other data science apps which are essential as the data virtualisation (TIBCO) skill which is also key.
- Must be more TECHNICAL & NOT FUNCTIONAL
If this sounds like the job for you, do not delay in sending me your CV for immediate consideration.