Resident Network Engineer - Milan
Posted on Sep 12, 2020 by Flint Consulting Limited
The Resident Engineer will be expected to develop secondary skills in other products in the Juniper product portfolio.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates for this role MUST have a minimum of 7 years' experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
Candidates for this role must also have a minimum of 3 years' experience designing IP Networks. Preferred candidates for this position should have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with JNCIE certification or equivalent experience.
Candidates MUST be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
A detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP service provider networks.
These skills include but are not limited to:
- TCP/IP and MPLS fundamentals
- IP/Routing experience (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS-TE, RSVP, LDP, IPv6, Routing Policy)
- Routing protocol operation, migration, and scaling mechanisms
- Routing policies at BGP peering points
- VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (MPLS, L3VPN, VPLS, MVPN.)
- Ethernet switching and 802.1Q, QOS
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and to function in a team environment.
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure.
Focal Technologies The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Juniper Hardware: MX960, SRX5800, QFX
- At least 5+ years of experience with a network service provider
- JUNOS CLI experience
- Must understand BGP and route reflector topologies
- Must be able to communicate with internal Juniper Engineering and QA Sys Test Teams
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer
- Unix/Linux skills a plus
- Scripting skills a must.
- Test equipment such as Spirent, Agilent N2X, and Ixia a plus
- Network management tools such as SNMP, Syslog, etc.
- Experience with Multicast and BNG is strongly preferred
- 3+ years' experience in managing large technical account activity revolving around network products from multiple vendors.
- Minimum JNCIP, JNCIE a strong plus