Posted on Sep 10, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for an Enterprise Architect. The Enterprise Architect will bring a strong technical and analytical mindset required to drive and lead the modernization of the computing platform and IT processes. The incumbent is expected to have a thorough understanding of software engineering and DevSecOps principles and practices. This includes the use of microservices, containers, and CI/CD pipelines to support the delivery and resiliency of the client's applications and computing platform assets.
- Leading changes and improvements to Company business services through a mix of application, automation, and engineering activities.
- Designing architectures supporting modernization and developing roadmaps to achieve strategic objectives.
- Planning and leading modernization initiatives - devising the approach and identifying all dependencies and subsequent tasks necessary for the effort.
- Leading R&D efforts around the use of new technologies.
- Lead project teams to support the delivery of infrastructure, platform, and application projects.
- Developing, documenting, and recommending plans for investing in modernization solutions that will improve organization resiliency and performance and/or provide cost reduction opportunities.
- Hands-on engineering in support of initiatives or to assist with production support as needed.
- Support the Company's diversity and inclusion strategy by following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for employees and diverse business partners.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of 6 to 8 years of full stack software engineering or hands-on software/application architecture experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience leading technical teams/individuals with or without direct management responsibility.
- Proven success in leading highly technical individuals in the Software Developer/Engineer and/or DevSecOps positions.
- Experience migrating from traditional IT to DevSecOps practices.
- Experience in microservices development and related technologies and concepts (such as Spring Boot, service mesh, and sagas).
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker, OpenShift and Jaeger.
- CI/CD pipeline implementation and usage - leveraging tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Tower, Veracode, CAST, and test automation tools (IBM RFT, Selenium, etc.).
- Experience migrating monoliths to a microservices architecture with expertise in requisite technology implementation.
- Expert knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Shell, Perl, and yaml.
- Familiar with and taken part in agile development and lean product development methodologies.
- Version control and software repository system implementation and usage - specifically Subversion, Git, and Nexus.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$140k - $170k Annual
$130k - $143k Annual