REMOTE - PLM Administrator (Windchill and Creo)
Posted on Sep 10, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
* This position is available on a remote basis ASAP.*
Our client is looking for a PLM Administrator who has worked with Windchill and Creo.
The Senior Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Engineer is responsible for the implementation, administration, and continuous improvement of engineering system and process capability required to reach the new product portion of GPG growth targets.
Scope of work includes CAD/engineering technology platforms and the associated infrastructure. Through a combination of targeted technology utilization, greater system integration, and process improvements, the global PD organizations will realize substantial improvements in speed, efficiency and effectiveness of the CAD/engineering environment.
- Provide technical expertise necessary for establishing and maintaining complex applications, processes, enhancements, and environments to support product development groups in PDM/PLM, CAD, and ERP systems for large global user group spanning North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Responsible for engineering change control integration and other process improvements to eliminate waste, improve product development productivity, and incremental changes to continuously improve speed to market
- Creation of reference materials and training documents to communicate and reinforce best practice processes and standards
- Support business through issue resolutions and proactive exploration of methods to improve reliability, efficiency, and usability
- Identify issues that will delay on-time project delivery; create and implement solutions to resolve and prevent identified issues
- Responsible for production releases of new system designs and enhancements including but not limited to; regression testing, go-live scheduling, user training programs, and post launch support
- Implement the architecture and configuration of engineering process improvements required to drive the achievement of strategic and business objectives such as; PLM (Windchill) workflow designs and configuration, external collaboration enablement, and PLM-CAD-ERP system integration of tools and processes. Lead integrating new initiatives with existing processes, and ensure that all processes leverage cross system synergies
- Deliver necessary and scheduled maintenance of engineering software, tools, and system upgrades for product development groups, such as; Creo, Windchill, ThingWorx, and Altium
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences or related field is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in engineering and/or product development to include 4 years leading the support and implementation of CAD/Engineering tools in a distributed global organization is required
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in Product Lifecycle Management, specifically data migration, upgrades, interoperability with various CAD tools, workflows, and data management within PTC Creo and PTC Windchill environment is preferred.
- Subject matter expertise in engineering change control processes connected to a distributed manufacturing environment; linking engineering PLM systems with manufacturing ERP systems
- Experience with leveraging/integrating 3D engineering content into downstream applications to produce manufacturing assembly instructions and consumer facing technical documentation
- Preferred qualifications include:
- Ability to configure Windchill or ThingWorx using Java or other programming languages as needed
- Experience with Product Development and Stage-Gate methodology
- Experience with SharePoint 2013
- Experience with SAP R3 and/or S4 software
- Excellent technology troubleshooting skills, and ability to learn new tools, skills and environments quickly
- High level of communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to collaborate with people at all levels and functions of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, technical writing experience, and procedure/instruction writing experience
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to deal with fluctuating priorities; be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision
Ability and willingness to travel up to approximately 15% of the time, both domestically and internationally