Posted on Sep 10, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Our client in the downtown Cleveland, Ohio area is looking for a Systems Administrator. This is a 6 month contract to hire position.
The Systems Administrator will maintain, upgrade and provide support for software, hardware, and networks. The Systems Administrator needs to be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. The individual should be able easily to communicate technical concerns and solutions to management. This administrator position will support Windows and Linux Servers in a mixed physical and virtual server environment, enterprise backup systems, networks, Firewall's, centralized printing environment, and storage area network (SAN). This position will also be responsible for Security monitoring and testing and assisting with Security implementation.
- Perform the daily operational support of systems to include hardware, software, security, configuration, backups and restores.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all hardware and software.
- Perform vulnerability and networking scanning assessments.
- Monitor network traffic for unusual activity.
- Configure and support security tools such as Firewalls, antivirus software, patch management systems, etc.
- Implement network security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards.
- Help troubleshoot and solve ticket escalations.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of system administrator experience working in an enterprise environment.
- Good working knowledge of network protocols including network switching and Firewalls.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and across all levels.
- Analytical thinker and excellent problem solving skills with the ability to quickly understand and solve problems through the use of systems and information.
- Exceptional organization skills and the ability to assess and prioritize in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong team work qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with peers, customers and management.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
If qualified and interested, please submit a resume and rate/salary expectations using the link below.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.