Posted on Sep 10, 2020 by Real Staffing Group
This award winning medical device company is widely regarded as one of the best in the industry. Their site in Galway, where this role is located, is in the midst of a massive expansion which has brought about massive opportunity within the business. This company has a global workforce in the tens of thousands and a product portfolio well over ten thousand
This Senior Manufacturing Engineer is a brilliant leadership position with one of the world's leading medical device companies in their Galway site. It is a massively important role which will make you a key decision maker within the organisation. The role will see you provide scientific understanding and technical engineering skills to meet business goals and objectives. If you are an ambitious Senior Engineer this is a brilliant opportunity such are the opportunities to develop and move up to Principal, Manager and Director Level positions within the company.
As the Senior Manufacturing Engineer you will coach, lead and enhance the productivity of technical reports within the business. You will build collaborative relationships through strong teamwork across the organisation. You will provide technical leadership on product and process issues thus maintaining and even improving upon the high standards already in place. Some other duties include:
- Leading technical improvement under the team's VIP program.
- Transferring and implementing processes either from development or from another manufacturing facility.
- Participation, where appropriate, in the phase review process and the NPE meetings with respect to new products.
- Ongoing manufacturing support in order to help the team meet its business objectives of quality, output and cost.
- Maintain a valid capacity model in co-operation with the line Supervisor and conduct adequate advance planning for required capital.
- Project planning, in detail, in support of major projects, product/process transfer etc
- Provide technical leadership/guidance for the Process Technician on the team (with specific responsibility to ensure that the preventative maintenance program is adequate and timely).
- HETAC Level 8 qualification in a relevant field, with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
Such is the importance of this Senior Manufacturing Engineer role it is desirable that you possess strong leadership skills. Your ability to lead and develop the engineers under your supervision will hugely impact the business. Good communication skills will serve you well in this role as you will be link between Senior Managers and Engineers in the business.
- The package on offer for this role is hugely competitive.
- As well as a generous base salary you will also receive a substantial annual bonus coupled with full health insurance for yourself and any dependants.
- You will also be entitled to join the company's pension scheme which is at least equal to any competitor and better than most.
- The role is situated in the fastest growing department in the company so the opportunity to rapidly progress your career is very real.
Are looking to make the next step in your career? A chance to join a thriving global company that continues to go from strength to strength? This is the role the role for you! Please apply below with an up to date CV.
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales