Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Sep 10, 2020 by Cushman & Wakefield
Senior Network Engineer
Cushman & Wakefield s TDS (IT) department utilizes cutting edge technology
for the Commercial Real Estate industry. This promotes a challenging but
enjoyable workplace, with a successful, collaborative regional and global team
A project and implementation orientated role, ensuring global and regional
projects are implemented to the highest technical standards, with a focus on
the integration of newly acquired companies. The individual will also be
expected to provide technical support, regular maintenance and monitoring to
the whole of C&W s global infrastructure with a focus on AMER and remote
global support as well; regional time zone, as well as being an escalation
point from other teams.
* Able to technically lead major projects, making decisions, liaising with
both project management and business line management
* Focus on project work, collaborating heavily with the Mergers and
Acquisitions team, traveling to new acquisitions across AMER
* Able to identify existing systems within acquisitions and solution
integration into the Cushman & Wakefield infrastructure
* Ability to work weekends and/or off-hours as necessary to meet clients
* Experience working with Cisco Meraki networking solutions such as MX, MR,
MS. A firm understanding of the Meraki dashboard and cloud architecture.
* Designing (HLD/LLD), planning and implementing a Network within new
acquisitions that meets the Cushman and Wakefield requirements in terms
of performance and cost, in line with C&W IT strategy.
* Provide input for professional service statements of work ( SOW
create SOW s as directed and provide project management services (as
* Proactively learn and utilize new technologies, concepts and procedures
as necessary based upon project requirements.
* Document designs and scope projects in a clear, concise and accurate
* Work to implement C&W SD-WAN infrastructure and circuits, liaising with
external third-party OLO and ISPs where required
* Implementation of network infrastructure in new projects, merger &
* Work with global teams and architects to implement and adhere to global
* Work with business leaders to implement new solutions
* Ensure new solutions are stable and within agreed service level targets
before handover to Operations
* Implementation and management of the Cisco Unified Communications suite
of products and infrastructure.
* Follow ITIL and Service Management Processes such as Incident, Problem
and Change management processes
* Support BAU Operations team in maintenance and problem solving
* Responsibilities may vary within the range of tasks and activities
described, with specific objectives being set, documented and reviewed by
the Head of Operations, Architectural Review Board
* Create standards and architectural documentation with a focus on the
transition to BAU Operations team including IT Service Desk
* A Strong degree of consultation type service and delivery of audit type
findings to help facilitate a large program or project of work
* Research and analyze new network technologies and present suggestions for
upgrades to improve the existing communications network
* Ensure C&Ws infrastructure performance, integrity, availability and
security is never compromised
* A minimum of 10 years of consulting or industry experience working with
Cisco Enterprise Networking technologies.
* Expert in Cisco Wired and Wireless Network Infrastructure in branch
offices and datacentres.
* Expert in Cisco Layer 3 routing, particularly Global Interconnects, BGP,
EIGRP and OSPF protocols.
* Experience of deploying network monitoring tools. Hands-on experience
with Thousand Eyes, Cisco Prime, SolarWinds is advantageous.
* Demonstrable experience within a large enterprise, familiarity with IT
frameworks such as ITIL. An understanding of the advantage for Change and
Incident Management processes to the organization.
* Experience with Cisco Nexus Data Centre Switching, routing technologies
and integration to VMWare and Microsoft Virtualisation Platforms
* Experience developing and managing firewall infrastructure, particularly
Palo Alto, Zscaler and Cisco ASA
* Experience with SD-WAN related technologies (Cisco, Silverpeak)
* Experience with Load Balancing / F5
* Some exposure to Cisco Unified Communications Systems, Teams and Skype
* Bachelor s degree in information systems or equivalent experience
* Cisco CCNP
* Cisco CCIE, CISSP Advantageous
* Scripting and network automation skills are a plus.
* Experience working with Cisco Collaboration Solutions including but not
limited to: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, (Teams, Meetings,
Calling), Cisco IM & Presence.
* ITIL Foundation Certified
* Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
* Ability to think logically and analyze technical information
* Ability to work as a member of a globally distributed team
* Ability to pass on knowledge to other members of the team and share
knowledge accordingly to peers
* To question the norm, and present new solutions where possible to ensure
further development of the environment to become more efficient and
* Proactive and efficient approach to system reliability.
* Security Certifications would be favorable.
* Knowledge of security standards including ISO27000
* Strong practical knowledge of deployed firewalls and the rationale for
authorizing firewall ruleset changes relating to secure/insecure
* Governing within a Managed Service Provider model
* Excellent customer service skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with end-user clients
and team members across the organization
* Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* At least one of the following Certifications: VCA, VCP, CTS, MCSE, MCSA
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of
any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or
Show moreShow less
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.