Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Network | Cisco)
Posted on Sep 10, 2020 by J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
The Sr. Network / Infrastructure Engineer position provides front line support
to multiple J. J. Keller network systems. This includes development and
maintenance of systems, applications, security and network configurations,
troubleshooting and technical support.
The primary focus is on evaluating, leading, implementing and supporting
technical solutions of a larger scale and troubleshooting complex issues. This
position also has ownership of network / application performance. This position
also serves as a mentor to other members of the Infrastructure team and
performs high-level, complex troubleshooting.
This role cansplit time between working at our Neenah, WI Corporate
Headquarters and a home officelocated within a driving distance of Neenah, WI.
* Performs various responsibilities associated with Enterprise Network
Management, including: network and system uptime, application support,
capacity planning, daily performance monitoring and statistical
* Performs maintenance of operating systems, ensuring a stable and sound
* Coordinates network related upgrades with users and other technical
associates. Manages small projects independently.
* Performs activities related to including but not limited to backups, BCP,
and Archiving, VMWare, Storage all while adhering to our Data Security
* May manage vendor activities.
* Develops and maintains a solid understanding of related technology tools
and trends and remains current in new technology developments and their
potential impact on the department and J. J. Keller.
* Provides leadership and direction for other team members on projects.
* Investigates and recommends new technologies.
* Works with Business Continuity Planning team leaders to insure plans are
viable and current.
* Assists management with tactical planning and budgeting as needed.
* Cisco centric WAN, LAN, and WLAN environment (including routers,
firewalls, security, wireless, LAN switching).
* Remote access solutions (VPN, Terminal Services).
* Bachelor's Degree in Networking, Computer Operations or related field.
* In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, may consider Associate's Degree plus 2
additional years of directly related experience.
* 6+ years experience in network infrastructure in a technician or
administrator role with at least 3 years in a Cisco environment.
* Experience training and mentoring others.
* Knowledge of Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN's), Routing (OSPF,
EIGRP, BGP), WAN Technologies and Security (Cisco Firewalls, IPS).
* Cisco CCNA/CCNP, CCNA Wireless or equivalent knowledge with daily support
of Cisco infrastructure.
* Familiarity with VPNs, Cisco Wireless Deployments, SD-WAN, Security
methodology, and Load Balancing.
* Demonstrated project management and multi-tasking skills.
* Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently with technology and vendors as required.
* Ability to research a technology related topic and communicate
recommendations to other technical staff members.
* Ability to work constructively within a team environment to identify and
resolve issues impacting productivity.
Show moreShow less