Senior Java Developer
Posted on Sep 9, 2020 by Empiric Solutions
Duration: 12 months contract
Start date: Immediate/1 month
Great opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to join a leading Retail Company based in Amsterdam to work on a new platform rebuild.
- Proven track record and proficiency in software development: Back End or Front End (and thorough knowledge of the other, you are expected to be able to at least debug on the level of front- and Back End if needed).
- Our Back End stack looks like Java, Spring, Spring boot, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Cassandra, Oracle, Kafka, Elastic, Gatling, Design patterns o On the Front End, we are into Native WebComponents, LIT-Html, NPM, Bower.
- Experience and thorough understanding of Continuous Delivery, Deployment tools, and pipelines. We work with Git, Tomcat, Jenkins, TFS, Ansible, Azure DevOps, SonarQube, Fortify, Artifactory, Selenium, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes
- You take responsibility for the complete software development cycle so you are expected to refine, develop, test, and deploy while taking care of operations and maintenance of the complete stack of your squad.
- Great analytical skills and conceptual/architectural understanding, ability to quickly understand new technical concepts that are outside of your comfort zone.
- Strong interest and vision in recent trends in software development and technology in general.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to other engineers by holding presentations, workshops, documentation, and most important: helping by continuously improving our standards.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- Being a sparring partner for business colleagues.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams and agile way of working
Empiric is one of the fastest-growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals. We are committed to delivering more female candidates and those from minority backgrounds and be instrumental in changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the tech sector.