Business Analyst - Health & Human Service Systems required
Posted on Sep 9, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Seeking local candidate Business Analysts with State government experience and Health and Human Services Systems to review requirements, lead JAD sessions, schedule meetings, prepare test plans, and create system requirement documents for use by system analyst to produce detail design documents for specific projects.
Job Responsibilities of the Business Analyst:
- Write and maintain test plans based on software requirements and design documents
- Participate in the development of change control standards and procedures that appropriately fit the needs of the technical team and update these procedures as needs change
- Verify system requirements are traceable, consistent, complete, and testable.
- Write checklist to track all components involved in application changes
- Perform requirements, design and code walk through/reviews as requested
- Recommends corrective action to ensure compliance with test plans.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation on all standards and ensures that the information is appropriately published and distributed
- Verifies that software applications perform in accordance with system requirements and specifications
- Tests software applications for concrete, consistent, observable results.
- Tests new change control and testing tools to ensure proper installation and maintenance and to measure tool performance
- Verifies function, performance, integration, and acceptance test results are in accordance with application and departmental standards
- Measures the severity of failures and defects in accordance with test plan guidelines.
- Accurately and thoroughly documents application performance failures and defects during each quality review session.
- Clearly and accurately communicates test results to programming staff and/or appropriate management staff
- Regularly enters issues/defects related to the test life cycle or change control environment into applicable tracking system.
- Updates applicable tracking system with problem solutions and status
- Conducts testing meetings, as necessary, for problems encountered during the test life cycle
- Acts as liaison for application groups and external agencies
- Assists users in developing test plans, test scripts, and implementation plans as requested
- Provides reports showing status and activity in the change control environment to technical teams and appropriate management staff.
Qualifications for the Business Analyst:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related area
- Three (3) years experience as an IT Business Analyst (requirements gathering, business process mapping.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Testing methodology and practices
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Project/Sharepoint Workspace planning tool
- Must have excellent customer service skills with strong decision making capabilities
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".