Posted on Sep 9, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Java Developer to work on a permanent contract.
- Responsible for evaluation and selection of the appropriate technical platform for the system.
- Create and test Java programs; collaborates with Web Designers, Web Developers, and Software
- Engineers to integrate Java into websites, programs, and applications.
- Design, implement and maintain Java application phases to take part in software and architectural
- development activities.
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing and debugging.
- Identify production and non-production application issues.
- Transforming requirements into stipulations.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software.
- Recommend changes to improve established Java application processes.
- Develop technical designs for application development.
- Develop application code for Java programs.
- Responsible for determining the scope of the assigned project by assessing requirements from
- business and technical/network personnel.
- Perform day to day activities which includes 30% design/analysis, 70%coding.
- Candidate will be able to work with a diverse project team, and work in a highly visible and changing
- project environment with aggressive timelines.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years web development experience which includes the programming/development of web applications
- Strong Experience with Java/J2EE, Spring MVC, Hibernate, EJB, Spring.
- Design, code, test, and deploy J2EE based applications into industry-leading container/Application Server environments such as Weblogic/JBoss/Glass Fish application Servers.
- Conversion of Legacy application architecture to micro-based service using domain driven and MVC
- design mode is a plus
- Successful track record in designing and implementing web applications using J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC,
- Flex, Hibernate, EJB 3.0, Struts, Oracle 10g, ANT, Maven, workflow engines, rules engines.
- Experience integrating applications and designing and developing web services and frameworks.
- Extensive front and Back End experience required.
- Experience working with large and small application development teams.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and experience working directly with end users to understand and translate requirements to design.
- Taking ownership for producing results.
- Strong ability to diagnose critical problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to take part in production support and lead troubleshooting calls as needed.
- Strong understanding and experience with SQL/Stored Procedure.
- Strong understanding and experience with test-driven development.
- Relational databases - preferably Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$60k - $90k Annual
$70k - $90k Annual