Genesys Telephony Engineer
Posted on Sep 9, 2020 by Request Technology
*This is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Genesys Telephony Engineer. This role will be responsible for providing planning, design, development, and implementation of Genesys. They will need experience with Genesys call center, GVP, IVR outbound dialer, VoIP networking. They will need to have experience with Genesys Interaction recording and experience with NICE is a plus as they are transitioning from NICE to GIR. This role can be worked remote for the right candidate.
- Provides planning, design, development, and implementation of Telephony related infrastructure technologies including large Genesys call center applications, GVP IVR, Outbound dialer, VoIP Networking Architecture, Databases, ACDs/PBXs and IP Telephony platforms.
- Provide project management for the deployment of infrastructure projects, as well as act as primary vendor interface and tier-three support for applications and technologies provided and supported by vendors.
- Identify and lead changes needed in the infrastructure configuration to achieve the technology organization goals.
- Lead project management oversight for infrastructure implementation projects.
- Implement technology and infrastructure changes for platforms, performance, and scoring.
- Analyze system response and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
- Manage effective issue identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for infrastructure-related issues/crisis resolution.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and critical decision-making skills
- Must be able to support on-call rotation & overnight work as needed
- Bachelor's degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience required
- It is required that the associate has a good understanding of QOS with emphasis on VoIP, SIP, and TCP/IP Networking
- The associate must have at least 5-7 years of experience within Telephony/Call Center technologies space. Examples of the relevant Call Center Technologies are:
- Genesys - SIP Server, Interaction Server
- Genesys - Workspace Desktop Edition (WDE)
- Genesys - Feature Server & GAX
- Genesys - Outbound Contact Server (OCS)
- Genesys SIP Endpoints
- It is required that the associate has a good level of knowledge of LAN/WAN and Firewall policies
- Knowledgeable of CTI desktop integration and Quality Monitoring tools
- Current technical experience relevant to VoIP infrastructure, including telephony capacity metrics, SIP and CTI messaging, and vendor support
The Telephony Engineer I - Genesys is NOT expected to know all the skills listed below at any given point in their career. The critical skills will depend on their current level and specific responsibilities within IS organization. Instead, this list includes typical skills/technology that a Telephony Engineer I - Genesys will be exposed to in this role and thus may be required to demonstrate over the course of this role.
- Genesys - ICON/InfoMart
- Genesys Callback
- Genesys Interaction Recording (GIR)
- Red Hat Linux
- Oracle Database
- Virtual Hold Technologies - Virtual Hold (VHT)
- Audio Codes PSTN Gateways & Oracle SBCs
- Oracle (Acme Packet) Session Border Controller (SBC)
- PCI Segmentation