Posted on Sep 9, 2020 by Mettler Toledo Safeline X-ray Ltd
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
- The Automation Engineer is responsible for supporting the manufacturing of precision instruments (pipettes and consumables) that meet our quality and performance standards. The Automation Engineer will participate in, design, development, sustaining, research, and the continuous improvement of in house automation projects in a high volume manufacturing environment. The automation engineer is responsible for supporting delivering on key targets for cost, quality, delivery, and safety. The position's key responsibilities include the following:
- Supports NextGen automation strategy by actively participating in development of the concepts, justification, and prototyping. Execute on chosen initiatives assigned execution.
* As assigned supports automation engineering activities for the entire Oakland, California plant
- Identifies opportunities for automation solutions. Designs, provides concepts, ROI justification and budgets for proposed automation. Oversees project management of multiple concurrent projects involving both in house design and contract manufacturing. Projects encompass plant layout and the specification, design, qualification and implementation of automation solutions. Identifies, quantifies and plans for risks associated with automation projects.
* Actively participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives by executing automation projects
- Generate cost savings by implementing improving existing or deploying cost effective new automation into production
* Supports optimizing existing automation to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- As assigned, investigates and addresses quality issues that maybe have been caused by automation equipment and initiates appropriate corrective action.
- As assigned, develops, maintains and troubleshooting (hardware & software) of robotic equipment in a production environment.
- Motion control optimizations via programming to improve robotic functions. PLC and HMI programming.
- Proactively identifying deficiencies in current automation (upstream and downstream processes)
- Supports NPDI by providing automation expertise to ensuring successful transfer of new products from R & D to Production by designing, procuring & qualifying equipment
- Ensuring automation projects are in compliance with all ISO procedures
- Overseeing the installation & qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) of the new manufacturing equipment
- Provide 2nd level technical support to automation equipment technicians as needed
* Performs role with integrity, high sense of accountability, pursuing innovation, and delivering quality, driving continuous improvement & using resources wisely
What You Need to Succeed
* A 'Can Do' and resourceful attitude & ability work with diverse team is a must have to succeed in this role.
* BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Programming (PLCs, Visual Basic)
- 3-5 or more years of experience with automation equipment - designing, developing and sustaining complex electro-mechanical systems and components
- At least 5 years of experience with relevant technologies such as sensors, electronics, controls, pneumatics, valves, and mechanisms
- Operate effectively in fast paced team environment
- 3D CAD skills and proficiency with standard computer applications
- System integration and enclosure design
- Experience with Injection molding, assembly, and packaging in a clean room environment is desired
Our Offer to You
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching - all starting on date of hire
- Tuition reimbursement, employee wellness programs, plus other perks and discounts
- Parental and caregiver leave policies
- All the usual benefits such as paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits
- Global market strength and worldwide leadership in weighing
- A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation
- Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards A commitment to extraordinary service on our state-of-the-art equipment
About Mettler Toledo Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways. Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We manufacture, sell, and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes.
- We help feed the world. We impact how food is produced, packaged and made safe.
- We help keep you healthy. Our instruments make it possible for scientists to develop new drugs and bring life-saving medicines to the world.
- Mettler Toledo products are important to the production and consistent quality of every kind of consumer matter how far human kind goes to explore new frontiers, Mettler Toledo is there to help make it happen.
Equal Opportunity Employment We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Mettler Toledo endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at .
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong.
Job Reference # 4388
Job Type Full-time
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.