Posted on Sep 9, 2020 by Eastern Niagara Hospital
23-Apr-2019 to 30-Nov-2020 (EST)
Lockport, NY, USA
EASTERN NIAGARA HOSPITAL IS CURRENTLY SEEKING PART TIME DIETARY ASSISTANTS
Follows position assignment for detail work area responsibilities, accomplishes all assignment directions given by the Supervisor, Dietitian or the Food Service Director. Uses correct procedures established by the NYSDOH for sanitation and food safety.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as our established policies and procedures consistently.
2. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
3. Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance in accordance with portion control procedures.
4. Work with the facility's Dietitian as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
5. Assure that food and supplies for the next meal/day are readily available. Reports any production problem to supervisor.
6. Inventories and stores in-coming food supplies, etc., as necessary.
7. Daily performs and scheduled cleaning duties, rotating utilizing FIFO procedures, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
8. Assure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
9. Maintains food storage areas in a clean and properly arranges manner at all times.
10. Assist in food preparation for special functions, etc., as assigned.
11. Sets up meal trays and food carts as instructed.
12. Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
13. Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that dishes, silverware, utensils, pots and pans, etc., are properly cleaned and sanitized.
14. Review menus prior to preparation of food.
15. Answers telephone as needed, following hospital policy & procedure.
16. Economical use of all food and disposables.
17. Maintains attendance and observes working hours, starting time, lunch period breaks, quitting time, etc.
18. Complies with work rules regulations and instructions follows established systems and procedures, completes assignments with minimal supervision.
19. Delivers patient trays to the floors, following departmental policy on tray delivery.
20. Inventories and stocks supplies to patient kitchens and discards all outdated products. Documents required temperatures.
21. Prepare and deliver as instructed, tube feeds, nutritional supplements snacks, box lunches, etc.
22. Adheres to personal hygiene, uniform standards and grooming standards.
23. Use cash register accurately utilizing price sheets and reporting any cash handling problems to supervisor immediately.
24. Check patient tray line when required.
25. Takes and record food temperatures as instructed.
26. Cooperates with Quality Assurance matters to improve dietary services.
27. Develops and maintains a good working rapport with department personnel, as well as other departments with the facility, to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of patients.
28. Properly Sweeps mops and maintains floors as assigned. Assures that all garbage is removed from the department and properly disposed of following policy of the department.
Eastern Niagara Healthcare System
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.