Posted on Sep 9, 2020 by Brookwood
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
£308 - £308 Daily
Brookwood is seeking a Spark/Scala Developer for a financial global consultancy.
The is remote to begin with and the client site is in Glasgow. The duration for 3 months initially. There is also a permanent opportunity for those who are interested, please note that this is not a temp to perm role. This is a contract role.
The maximum day rate is £308 INSIDE IR35 (Umbrella).
- Excellent technical skills including recent hands-on coding experience of at least one of the following Spark, Scala, Java or production grade Python (Spark and Scala are must)
- Strong understanding of SDLC principles, including use of unit testing, git and CI/CD, and how to set up good practices on a new project (nice to have but required for the lead)
- Experience with technical and solution design, including designing systems to address non-functional requirements (eg performance, maintainability, security, and systems integration)
- Experience of managing multiple projects/deliveries, preferably in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience working with data and addressing common challenges such as data quality, updates, data structure changes and rollback
- Exceptional client facing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of SDLC principles, including use of unit testing, git and CI/CD, and how to set up good practices on a new project
- Experience of the data warehouse development cycle from user requirements definition through design, development, testing and implementation
- Experience of knowledge of complex integration/ETL issues and technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of how Big Data, Data Quality, Master Data Management is currently impacting the Financial Services sector
- Experience in a delivery role for a large transformation program.
- Extensive experience with Rational Unified Process (RUP) for delivery of applications
- Extensive experience in SDLC processes and methodologies
- Mastery in data warehousing concepts. Candidate should be able to clearly communicate fundamental concepts during the interview and demonstrate previous experience in all aspects.
- Experience with ETL tools in a Developer and Technical Lead role, specifically with SSIS integration
- Strong SQL skills, experience in tuning ETL jobs or queries and processes.
- Knowledge of Cloud Architecture and components - eg AWS, Azure, Google Cloud