3rd Level Support and Application Development
Posted on Sep 8, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Overview of business area or project:
Credit Risk IB CH IT Team are looking for an experienced full stack developer to join the 3rd Level and Development team. They will work across a variety of applications and technologies. We are looking for a candidate with strong C++, Java, Sybase, Oracle databases, Python and Unix/Linux skills to enhance/refactor components as per business requirement and to align it with target architecture.
*3rd Level Support for UAT and Production, Providing development support in from 1/2nd Level Support in User requests, Incidents and Major Incidents between Singapore, India, UK and CH.
*Development Activities, working on various project deliveries based on CH scope and demand.
*Provide Subject Matter Expertise in Swiss Rules and policies related to development and support of applications.
*Candidate will be part of the global team that owns the platform, supporting in multiple applications.
*An opportunity to work with best-in-class technology focused people working on mission-critical application development.
*Design and implement highly scalable, adaptable and efficient software solutions while taking into account prevailing constraints and the future strategic direction of CS IT.
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
As part of the Credit Risk IB IT Team, we responsible for calculating and monitoring counterparty Credit Risk
The team is looking for a developer with strong Java skills and database (Sybase/Oracle) skills to build and maintain calculation models for the risk system.
The suitable candidate with background in Investment Banking preferred. The development team is based in London, Poland, Singapore, India and Switzerland.
The CH Ticino team is around 10 people covering 3rd Level and Development for the majority of CR IB Applications, the team it split between the Bellinzona and Lamone office.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
Balancing Project & development work while working quickly as part of a global team to resolve critical issues.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
1. A full stack developer with 7+ years of experience
2. Minimum 4 years of C++ experience
3. Minimum 2 years of Java experience
4. Minimum of 2 years of DB experience
5. Experience in Unix/Linux
6. Demonstrable experience of good OO design and programming
7. Experience of working in agile projects/team
8. Experience with all phases of the systems development life cycle
9. Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills
10. Mentoring experience, especially with developers in different locations
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
1. Awareness of test-driven/behavior driven development and design
2. Experience in DevOps/Cloud/Automation
3. Experience in python
4. Experience in 3rd Level Support
5. Experience in ETL technologies eg Infomatica
Candidate Value Proposition:
- Varied Role covering across multiple Credit Risk IB systems.
- Working in a dynamic environment, following Agile and DevOps best practices.
- Variety of responsibilities and projects requirements.