Senior Java Developer, Zurich
Posted on Sep 7, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our Client, a Global Swiss Bank who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a Senior Java Application Developer to be based at their Zurich site for an initial 12-month contract with a strong likelihood for extension.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Writing applications responsible for Order and Trade Management
- Working with other team members on the requirements, preparing the releases and delivering the applications to production
- Continuous integration testing and related documentation updates
- Actively participate in the design and technology review of the applications written in the team
- Provide support for the existing systems where required
The successful incumbent will possess:
- You are a Senior Java developer with a passion for quality, good design and clean code
- You are familiar with cloud-based, microservice-oriented architecture
- You bring a solid working knowledge of Spring framework (Boot, Web, Cloud, Data)
- You are a keen user of build and test tools like Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, Junit, Mockito
- You are agile-minded and love experimentation to find solutions
- You are willing to expand your role through cross skilling in the pursuit of delivering value to clients early (eg QA automation test development)
If the candidate possesses the knowledge of Front End technologies (eg React), Apache Kafka, Docker, NoSQL databases and emerging JVM languages, has experience with addressing considerations of low latency, high availability and performance and in Behaviour Driven Development (JBehave or Cucumber), this would be highly advantageous.
We welcome applications of consultants' who match most of the above requirements and are available on a short notice.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.