Posted on Sep 5, 2020 by HealthSouth
Alabama-Birmingham-Encompass Health Corporation
The Legal Secretary provides administrative and secretarial support
for multiple attorneys and paralegals, and performs complex legal
secretarial, administrative, word processing and clerical functions.
This position requires strong computer skills and is responsible for
complex document creation, revision and version management, including,
but not limited to, the use of table of contents, field codes, styles,
headings and other advanced formatting in Word 2007. This position
requires full functionality in the advanced use of Excel and
PowerPoint applications. The person must maintain a high standard of
professionalism and be accustomed to dealing with maintaining and
protecting confidential information as well as the ability to perform
in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining
flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. The position types
correspondence, agreements and documents from rough draft, verbal
instructions, and dictation, proofs and edits documents for accuracy,
answers the telephone, schedules meetings, maintains filing systems
and indexes, and communicates in person, by telephone, fax, mail or
email with internal and external contacts in a professional manner.
License or Certification:
Education, Training and Years of Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of legal secretarial experience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 25 pounds. Reasonable assistance may be requested when
lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.